What did you do to your bike today?

jassilamba

How does the windscreen attach? Is there drilling involved?
No drilling. It mounts on top of the stock one fairing. It comes with some longer screws that you use on the bottom.

If you go to the review section you will see my notes on instalation. Took me about 5 mins to get it installed.

Buffnav76

Show ya mine...

View attachment 3661

View attachment 3662

View attachment 3663

View attachment 3664

MRA windscreen
Grips
Levers
LED blinkers front and rear
home made radiator cover
home made stealth fighter radiator sliders
Givi crash bars
Trailtech LED driving lights
R1 rear shock
Fazer pax grab handles
custom dynamic integrated tail light
homemade rear hugger
Sargent comfort seats
Power Commander V
Autotune
K&N filter
Two Bros carbon pipe

There may be a few others but Ive had a few beers...

Oh yeah....bar end mirrors, a cell phone mount and a few little pieces of door end molding in strategic spots around the headlight to kill the buzzing...

Last edited:

Umyaya

No drilling. It mounts on top of the stock one fairing. It comes with some longer screws that you use on the bottom.

If you go to the review section you will see my notes on instalation. Took me about 5 mins to get it installed.

Installed Givi crash bars today.. really like the look and hopefully will give good protection. Also I rest my legs on the top of them when I cruise. Took off radiator and installed Graves Smog Block off Plates and took out the Smog system. Threw on a RAM mount GoPro handlebar mount. Added a few gold Yamaha Decal stickers.

elim70

May I ask what kind of "door end molding" you used to eliminate the buzzing? After 1,500 miles, it's really starting to get to me.

Yes please elaborate. What kind of moulding and where exactly is it placed? My chief complaint about the bike is that buzzing coming from the headlight area at certain rpm. I thought it was from my windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elim70

Thanks. It did help.

Being a new rider, I was surprised how much I am getting blown around on the highway. Once I hit about 60mph I start getting blown around. At 70mph I get nervous the wind is going to wipe me out. It isn't the wind but air turbulence from the other vehicles. Is it like this for everyone or is it my inexperience as a rider?

I was wondering if a windscreen like you bought would help. It sounds like it will.

Try to consciously keep a loose grip on the bars at all times. It will lessen the effects of the wind buffeting considerably.

Buffnav76

headlight buzzing...

Yes please elaborate. What kind of moulding and where exactly is it placed? My chief complaint about the bike is that buzzing coming from the headlight area at certain rpm. I thought it was from my windscreen.

It is meant for the edges of car doors... so you don't ding them in parking lots...
it's at any autopart store.

Just cut it to length and slide it between the joints around the head light.

I cut a few of them at an angle to make them blend in a bit.

jassilamba

After crossing the 600 mile mark I changed the oil, and the filter. Went pretty smooth. User Shell T6 5W-40, and a K&N filter. No leaks, or any other issues.

Will admit that for some weird reason, the bike feels like it has more power, it feels more responsive, and yes it feels smooth like it should after an oil change.

Umyaya

You only just hit the 600 mark !? Gotta ride that beast more.
After crossing the 600 mile mark I changed the oil, and the filter. Went pretty smooth. User Shell T6 5W-40, and a K&N filter. No leaks, or any other issues.

Will admit that for some weird reason, the bike feels like it has more power, it feels more responsive, and yes it feels smooth like it should after an oil change.

jassilamba

You only just hit the 600 mark !? Gotta ride that beast more.

I know I do, I think last week I did the most riding since I got the bike. Was 450 last Sunday. Hopefully once the 1000 mile mark is crossed, I will be riding it more and more. Feels good to finally being able to cross the 6K RPM mark.

Umyaya

I tested my new GoPro mount yesterday afternoon! Good afternoon cruise but the wind was pretty bad! Still deciding on getting a windscreen. I love the Givi engine guards. I rest my legs on them all the way back from Alexandria on the freeway lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfIxXa4E0yY

I know I do, I think last week I did the most riding since I got the bike. Was 450 last Sunday. Hopefully once the 1000 mile mark is crossed, I will be riding it more and more. Feels good to finally being able to cross the 6K RPM mark.

Woody146

Banned
I tested my new GoPro mount yesterday afternoon! Good afternoon cruise but the wind was pretty bad! Still deciding on getting a windscreen. I love the Givi engine guards. I rest my legs on them all the way back from Alexandria on the freeway lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfIxXa4E0yY

Very nice! Bike sounds good...I still want a clip of just the full akra lol!

Not trying to hate or anything...but I would kill myself if I lived out there..where are all the twisties!? Lol

Fazer 8

Sargent comfort seats

I see you've got the Sargent seats. How do you like them (particularly the rider's portion - does it have less tendency to make you slide forward?).

I've looked at their site and didn't see a listing for the FZ8 or Fazer 8, only the FZ1 - is that what you got?

[]V[]addog

I bought the fazer 8 a new stablemate....ha ha.
got a 2007 suzuki M50 muscle cruiser.
Just a nice small cruiser with some cobra pipes and a back rest, this will be used for lazy rides thru the country with my girlfriend. :)
handles two people way better.