What did you do to your bike today?

Woody146

Banned
Nice! Now quit riding down steps and jumping off curbs :D

Haha how'd you know?! Of course..I get a new rim..and they are redoing all the roads to get to the freeway from my house!?:mad::bs2::hbwall::cuss:

Best beliveeeee I am more conscious of what I go over and at what speed...pretty much..I need to slow down lol

Wreckless

How do you like the pegs?

They aren't bad. For $99 I didn't expect much. I went for a more aggressive riding position. Dunno how durable they are but they're just temporary. I'll upgrade to Vortex rear sets next year.

They have a lot of adjustability but since it uses the OEM mount the shifter and brake are inwards so you have to reach a bit for them.

DanS

Commuter
Haha how'd you know?! Of course..I get a new rim..and they are redoing all the roads to get to the freeway from my house!?:mad::bs2::hbwall::cuss:

Best beliveeeee I am more conscious of what I go over and at what speed...pretty much..I need to slow down lol
How'd I know? I've seen your tomato plants..lol
That sucks about the roads, lucky you didn't have to buy a new rim.

DanS

Commuter
They aren't bad. For $99 I didn't expect much. I went for a more aggressive riding position. Dunno how durable they are but they're just temporary. I'll upgrade to Vortex rear sets next year.

They have a lot of adjustability but since it uses the OEM mount the shifter and brake are inwards so you have to reach a bit for them.
I like the up and back position but it does look like quite a long reach. I have been thinking of trying these also as a temporary solution to $600 rearsets. I don't use the rear brake so thats not much concern to me but shifting is. How awkward is shifting? would you recommend these? Thanks

Wreckless

I like the up and back position but it does look like quite a long reach. I have been thinking of trying these also as a temporary solution to $600 rearsets. I don't use the rear brake so thats not much concern to me but shifting is. How awkward is shifting? would you recommend these? Thanks

Shifting isn't too bad once you get used to it. Since the stock base of the peg is still there my heel can rest on that as I'm going through gears. It's farther than normal but it's not too bad. I wear an 8.5 boot and I can reach it.

I'd recommend it as a cheap solution if you wanna try a different riding position.

The only pain of installation is that you have to drill off the end of the rivet of the stock peg. I'll try to take a birds eye view pic and post it for reference.

Marthy

FZ8rised my FZ09. She was too fast and had to slow her down a bit. [emoji12]

FZ8 master cylinder under under testing...

HeresMyMind

I removed the blue decal pin strips frmo my 13' fz8. Everything I have is black and grey, the blue just looked out of place.

-B

jassilamba

So I wanted some tank scratch protection but didn't like anything that already exist in the market. Takes away from the looks (main reason why I got the 8). So I decided to use my old friend PlastiDip. I used the clear one (not the glossy one)

And the final pic shows how it looks when it's all dry.

MickD93

So I wanted some tank scratch protection but didn't like anything that already exist in the market. Takes away from the looks (main reason why I got the 8). So I decided to use my old friend PlastiDip. I used the clear one (not the glossy one)

And the final pic shows how it looks when it's all dry.

That's actually a really good idea, could even do a custom tank pad design and spray that too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I removed the helmet warning sticker in front of the fuel tank.

I also tried putting rim tape on. It was too bright of a blue.

jassilamba

Got my DPM warrior faring yesterday and got it instated. I also got my fazer radiator cover. Overall the shipping was pretty fast and quality of the products is great.

Will take some better pics soon.