What did you do to your bike today?

Umyaya

I have black rim tape that makes it so it doesn't look like anything is on the tire... but when light hits it it reflects gold! Looks good on the black bike.. I think they sell other black rim tape that reflects other colors.. I thought going with the gold rim tape would just be too much on the FZ8 2011 Black edition
I removed the helmet warning sticker in front of the fuel tank.

I also tried putting rim tape on. It was too bright of a blue.

jassilamba

Got my motodynamic tail light installed and boy are these bright.

Here is a sunny day shot.

jassilamba

Ya where did ya get that?

I got it from ebay - Yamaha Decal Sticker FZ6R FZR R6 R1 600 Rim FZ8 Fazer White Decals YZF Zumma TTR | eBay

A little note on installation, I cut the letters in 2 sections, and applied those. If you try to apply the whole thing in 1 go, it won't allight correctly.

I finally found some mirrors that I liked, and they should be here next week.

Nice!
I like the Yamaha decal inside the rear rim.

Thanks mate.

Umyaya

May order some. Dunno how it'll look on black and gold bike. I think I am going to get the windscreen you have.
I got it from ebay - Yamaha Decal Sticker FZ6R FZR R6 R1 600 Rim FZ8 Fazer White Decals YZF Zumma TTR | eBay

A little note on installation, I cut the letters in 2 sections, and applied those. If you try to apply the whole thing in 1 go, it won't allight correctly.

I finally found some mirrors that I liked, and they should be here next week.

Thanks mate.

jassilamba

May order some. Dunno how it'll look on black and gold bike. I think I am going to get the windscreen you have.

Pretty sure you can ask the guy to make the decals in black. Or find some black decals on ebay.

Black and Golden will look good.

jassilamba

Can you link me to where you bought your front fairing windshield? I am gonna order one tomorrow.

Here you go - Saute-vent Warrior pour FZ8 - ACCESSOIRES_br_ MOTOS - Habillages - Saute-vent - DPM - Disting Vente d'accessoires et équipements motos

Make sure you create an account before you add it to the cart. The price you see is with VAT, since we are in the US, VAT does not apply to us, so that will take like 10% off the price.

Also shipping is around 40 bucks, so if you need something else, make sure you get it. You might wanna search for FZ8, FZ1 or Fazer when trying to find some items.

Umyaya

Damn 40 bucks for shipping!?
I wonder if that guy still selling his who you got the PC from?
Here you go - Saute-vent Warrior pour FZ8 - ACCESSOIRES_br_ MOTOS - Habillages - Saute-vent - DPM - Disting Vente d'accessoires et équipements motos

Make sure you create an account before you add it to the cart. The price you see is with VAT, since we are in the US, VAT does not apply to us, so that will take like 10% off the price.

Also shipping is around 40 bucks, so if you need something else, make sure you get it. You might wanna search for FZ8, FZ1 or Fazer when trying to find some items.

jassilamba

Jassilamba, what differences have you noticed with the windscreen?

The main difference that I have felt is that there is no more wind hitting on my chest. Now I wind starts to hit me on like the top half of the helmet. This is not the most perfect windscreen, and most like does not provide the most wind protection compared to others. But for my purpose of daily use, it gets the job done. Riding is a bit more relaxing now.

Hope that helps mate.

Thanks. It did help.
Being a new rider, I was surprised how much I am getting blown around on the highway. Once I hit about 60mph I start getting blown around. At 70mph I get nervous the wind is going to wipe me out. It isn't the wind but air turbulence from the other vehicles. Is it like this for everyone or is it my inexperience as a rider?
I was wondering if a windscreen like you bought would help. It sounds like it will.

jassilamba

Thanks. It did help.
Being a new rider, I was surprised how much I am getting blown around on the highway. Once I hit about 60mph I start getting blown around. At 70mph I get nervous the wind is going to wipe me out. It isn't the wind but air turbulence from the other vehicles. Is it like this for everyone or is it my inexperience as a rider?
I was wondering if a windscreen like you bought would help. It sounds like it will.

Keep in mind, this will only help for wind straight on. For cross winds I don't think there is nothing you can do. But on calm days, the windshield makes a good difference at speeds around 75 ~ 80 MPH. I haven't pushed the bike any further yet (break in period) so not sure how well it will perform.

Also if you don't, start using ear plugs. Not listening to a lot of wind noise makes a big difference in making you feel more secure.

Be safe.

Umyaya

I do like how yours is black but I may go with this and just paint it black 2011 Yamaha FZ8 Puig Naked New Generation Windscreen | MotoSport Canada

That one you got is effing expensive brotha! Also I don't know if my radar gun would be able to sense the bands through the aluminum screen???
QUOTE=jassilamba;56319]Keep in mind, this will only help for wind straight on. For cross winds I don't think there is nothing you can do. But on calm days, the windshield makes a good difference at speeds around 75 ~ 80 MPH. I haven't pushed the bike any further yet (break in period) so not sure how well it will perform.

Also if you don't, start using ear plugs. Not listening to a lot of wind noise makes a big difference in making you feel more secure.

Be safe.[/QUOTE]

jassilamba

I do like how yours is black but I may go with this and just paint it black 2011 Yamaha FZ8 Puig Naked New Generation Windscreen | MotoSport Canada

That one you got is effing expensive brotha! Also I don't know if my radar gun would be able to sense the bands through the aluminum screen???

I was gonna get that one at first, but the one I got looks really good. The only reason I ended up ordering mine was the fact that the rad grill was very cheap. I think that came down to about 45 bucks. So my total with shipping was not bad for both the items. Thats how I justified mine.