FZ8 mirror alternative

bambam

So which set of Rizoma's were these? I know they are not cheap but a good pair of mirrors might be in my future as my last real mod for the season.. Thanks.
--B
Ok went for a ride here's my review:
<snip>
Verdict: If you have more money then you know what to do with, go ahead order these. <snip>

Speedo007

I bought these cheap mirrors off ebay:
Universal Bar End Mirrors Cafe Racer Yamaha | eBay
You can get the same exact ones for like $5-10 on there too from China but I wanted quick delivery. They are nice quality construction for how inexpensive they are and they look good.

I had bought mirrors like that last year off ebay for 4$. Installed them today and put my Rizoma's for sale. The Rizoma's look better, but those cheap mirrors still look good and offer better visibility. I was willing to make the aesthetic sacrifice for the added safety. With these you basically see 180 degrees behind you. The Rizoma's weren't bad but require that you move your arm everytime you check your mirrors.

Speedo007

I've had the new cheap Hongkong mirrors on for a few days now. No surprise, visibility is perfect. Dont see my arms and see 180 degrees behind me. I do think the Rizomas looked better, but for 4.99$ these mirrors offer more visibility and are still rugged and nice anodized aluminum. My Rizomas are still for sale if some are interested.

Speedo007

I'll be selling them 160$. Since you're in the US you probably wouldnt save much...for canadians it's more worth it, shipping would be cheap and it cost me around 220$ to get them here from the US...

casefc3s

Hey Speedo, where'd you pick up those tank grip pads from, I was looking around but didn't see any I liked particularly. I like the way those fit the lines of the bike though, and your mirrors look great! Hope mine turn out that well.

The bar end mirrors I picked up off ->eBay<-

hypo

scored some rizomo circuit 743's from a guy who thought they were too small for his ducati monster. :)

H

Hoover

My buddy has CRG Lanesplitters on his V-Max. I love the billet and quality so I splurged today. Pics to follow when they get here

Speedo007

Those CRG are super high quality, but I just never could wrap my head around the price for such a simple mirror. I bought mine (chinese copies) all anodized aluminum, for like 9$ including shipping from Hong Kong, and they look and work great. :)

Ivy33

I ended up getting these. I turned them inward and I love them. I'll post a pic of them on the bike later today.

ShortstackRN

They were high priced $$$ but I put on PowerRacingStands folding franco bar end mirrors. About 97$ a piece. I got them in gold anodized and they match the forks perfectly and look great! The factory bar ends were a PAIN to get off! Good Luck!

Ivy33

They were high priced $$$ but I put on PowerRacingStands folding franco bar end mirrors. About 97$ a piece. I got them in gold anodized and they match the forks perfectly and look great! The factory bar ends were a PAIN to get off! Good Luck!

Show some pics of them.

That's strange. My bar-ends came off really easy. These are my mirrors.

Last edited: