FZ8 mirror alternative

lothodon

Super Moderator
while i also agree with that, i find that a LARGE majority of the time i speed so much there is nobody behind me. honest truth, not trying to be funny.

Speedo007

I agree when your on the highway or country roads but in the city, every stop sign or lights is an occasion to get rear ended by someone putting making up while on the phone while eating a sandwich while lighting a cigarette with a broken arm.

lothodon

Super Moderator
but that's the one time you DON'T want to see them coming, when you cannot get out of the way. if you tense up knowing your about to get rear ended the body damage tends to be worse as when your a bit more relaxed.

lothodon

Super Moderator
don't get me wrong, i'd prefer not to, but IF i'm going to get hit, i'd rather it be a surprise rather than something i have to see coming.

Speedo007

with my bar end mirrors they almost cover 180 degrees behind me, I too prefer not knowing what hit me, but I think these bar ends are my best bet at getting out of the way before something happens.

H

Hoover

At a light, I constantly have one eye in my mirrors. Got rear-ended once, had plenty of time to get out of the way had I been paying attention.:(

mano1192

Yes sir Im with you. I keep the clutch in and an eye in the rearview until a car comes to a stop behind me. If your a city rider you know better, for those country folk it dont matter much if theres only 3 cars in your town, lol! And you can easily get out of the way, just dont be in the center of the lane where you shouldnt be anyway.

matt73

They look a little small, but the ones I have now are small and I do just fine seeing what is around and behind me. Well I ordered them Friday, so when I get them in I will put up pics.

DJ

How did you go with those Tomoks?

mckshred

installed the moto bar end mirrors today

Moto Bar End Mirrors from Ride it in black.

Definitely smaller than the stock mirrors, but the lower positioning helps compensate. I think they look sharp. Here's a pic, I'll post some daylight shots later. I hate these garage pics, they just come out cruddy on my camera.

Last edited:

mckshred

all clear

Theyre not in the way when handlebars are fully turned?

On my commute today, I didn't notice them in the way. I do need to put some miles on and see how they perform in different conditions.

At full turn the mirrors clear the fuel tank by at least an inch. They do get close to my kneecap, but there is some adjustment capability so I think they'll work. I'll post a follow-up and some better pics after some miles.

BAR END MIRROR R Type - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories

Speedo007

I tried mounting these upside down, but the tank was in the way, since the handle weights are after the mirrors. That said as they are, they really offer a great 179.99999 view angle. I've never seen a bike with stock mirrors that offered a really good view. Positioning is more critical then the mirror surface and most of the stock ones just offer you a great view of your helbows where they are mounted.

Last edited:

mckshred

It was the pictures of your bike that I saw that convinced me to go with Bar End Mirrors. Mine appear have more of a right angle on the mounts - probably why they clear the tank, else I would angle them up like you've done. I am still getting used to them, it's definitely different than what I was used to. No vibration at any speed at all, which is a nice fix.

I really like the way they make the bike look so bad*ss.

I think I only have one more 'upgrade' to go.....pipe. Yoshi? 2 Brothers all Black Carbon? GYTR? Graves?

H

Hoover

Are you able to set them this way? I tried every way possible and this was by far the best. I can see my own tail piece!!

I know that perhaps it is because I have the Renthal bars but just try it once and see.

mckshred

ok - I adjusted them parallel to the handlebars now. I'll see if that improves the view. thanks for the suggestion. I still have bar end weights so I didn't notice any difference at all in the handlebar vibration.

Phone pics show the setup....

H

Hoover

Did you notice a change in the bar vibration after removing the bar end weights?

Nope, it actually was way better. I believe that Renthal fills the center section with some kind of vibration damping goo. Absolutely the best mod I have done, I love the wider stance and nooooooo vibes at ant rev range.

matt73

Recently fitted my bar ends. They are the same as Speedo007.
Thanks for the heads up on them. The vision is great and they really improve the stance of the bike. No vibrations through the mirrors and they are cheap as. I've ordered some for the wife now.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus

I tried mounting these upside down, but the tank was in the way, since the handle weights are after the mirrors. That said as they are, they really offer a great 179.99999 view angle. I've never seen a bike with stock mirrors that offered a really good view. Positioning is more critical then the mirror surface and most of the stock ones just offer you a great view of your helbows where they are mounted.

Are these the CRG Bar End Mirrors? I apologize if that has already been clarified, I just went through 12 pages of this thread looking for the best bar end mirror for the price.