FZ8 mirror alternative

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Something like this:
Pair Motorcycle Bar End Mirror for Honda Yamaha KTM BMW | eBay

There's a piece you remove from the mirror so that you can keep your bar end weights. All it takes is a slightly longer bolt then the stock one at the end. 1.50$ at a hardware store.

You remove the entire metal piece from the mirror below?

Speedo007

yeah you'll see it's quite easy to take appart. The chrome part can be used if you don't want to keep the bar end weights but you can also remove that and the part holding it to mount it like I did.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
yeah you'll see it's quite easy to take appart. The chrome part can be used if you don't want to keep the bar end weights but you can also remove that and the part holding it to mount it like I did.

So for your setup, a longer bolt using the bar end weight is what is holding the mirror in place? I think it should all make more sense when I have it front of me. :)

Speedo007

Yeah just wait til you get it, bring the stock bolts to the hardware store and just buy longer ones so it cover the extra distance of the spacer holding the mirror, and you'll be good to go.

Rgraphic

Im not sure what exactly it is about the look of the bar end style mirrors, but I'm really not a fan. It just doesn't look right with a big circle hanging off the side i guess. I really like the look of the Rizoma 743's but obviously would need them a little bigger. Is there anything similar in form thats just bigger and and a little cheaper? My first bike was a ninja 250r and that had pretty decent mirrors as far as looks and functionality.

Speedo007

The Rizoma are certainly the best looking mirrors.

But I sold mine cause the view just didnt cover my back enough for my taste. The bar end mirrors still look 10x better then the stock one (though I agree its not as sharp as the rizomas), while providing the best visibility you can have. So design wise it's a compromise I was willing to make, and when you look at the bike sideways you don't even seen them...

Oh...and on top of offering the best visibility, they are 10$ shipped to your door.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

I went to the hardware store and bought 2 black plugs for the mirror holes for a whopping 25 cents.

lothodon

Super Moderator
time to rehash and older thread!!!

due to my helmet looking the way it does, and a current set of nearly useless mirrors (but they look great) i couldn't resist these...

helmet

mirrors

C

Camo

I'm a big fan of Icon gear, I haven't had a bad bit of kit from them yet! Though I've never ridden in one of their helmets. Be sure to fill us in on the noise or lack of and it's stability at speed. I'm very curious.

Those mirrors are bad ass! Where'd you get them from?

lothodon

Super Moderator
i had my helmet all last year as well. LOVE IT! SO much lighter than my SHOEI was and fits so much better as well. It's a little louder but still nothing as bad as my HJC was.

Mirrors are all over eBay, but they do NOT have the reverse threading on the brake side...but I found adapters for cheap.