FZ8 mirror alternative

Speedo007

I've ordered cheap black anodized bar end mirrors on ebay, for like 10$ shipped from Hong Hong (that would still have worked great, but don't fit because of the bar ends weights, would take me a bolt a mile long).

CNC BAR END MIRROR YAMAHA FZ6 FZ1 XJ6 FZ6N FZ1N FZ8 | eBay

I'm looking at those since I had similar ones on my Speed Triple and they work great when turned outside.

Any others have found great replacement mirrors for those ugly non-fonctional stock ones?

There's also the Rizoma option but that would be around 200$...

Last edited:

Speedo007

two good options there. Your first one is great but at 109$ per mirror +shipping, I'd go with a pair of Rizomas at that price...and the second one if it fits on the FZ8, looks like a great affordable alternative...

thats just the first one i could find i have found other ones for sport bikes im sure if you contact seller they will tell you the diameter of the bar it will fit

i checked into it and the cheaper version of the bar end mirror will fit the fz8!!!! now i am going to look for gold bar ends or black instead of red!

says it will fit the fz1 and fz6 i cant see why it wouldnt fit .... what looks to be the issue?

ok so i went and had a look for myself and i see what your saying but i am sure that peice can come out maybe need some sort of puller or something i will look into it

Speedo007

Ok got tired of looking, decided to go with the Rizoma 743:

Will let you guys know how it works out (if you order these make sure you order the adapters too). about 250$US shipped with adapters.
Let's hope these vibrate less then the stock ones...as they are useless, I couldnt tell if its a police car or a minivan behind me at most RPMs...

jhalbri

Ok got tired of looking, decided to go with the Rizoma 743:

Will let you guys know how it works out (if you order these make sure you order the adapters too). about 250$US shipped with adapters.
Let's hope these vibrate less then the stock ones...as they are useless, I couldnt tell if its a police car or a minivan behind me at most RPMs...

True that on the vibrations!

Speedo007

LOVE the look, hate the price tag.

Oh trust me I never thought I'd pay 250$ for freakin mirrors lol! But after all the money I put on the bike to put it all nice and tidy those stock mirrors need to come off and fast :p

I mean seriously those stock mirrors mess up the lines pretty bad:

lothodon

Super Moderator
that they do, but i suppose they are all in the name of making it street legal, which is quite silly since you can't really see anything behind you unless you have no elbows.

Speedo007

Im with ya Speedo, those mirrors are the worst. I just installed my circuits, they look pretty good. Im gunna try them out for a while, but I think Im going to end up wth bar end mirrors as I tried my friends the other day on his ducati. Im eyeing these ones: Reverse Retro universal by Rizoma Bikes Accessories

Had those on a Speed Triple. Problem I see with bar end mirrors on the FZ8 is vibration. will be worse then those mounted closer to the middle I think...on the Speed they were perfect.