FZ8 mirror alternative

rysyndrome

Hi, first post here. Bought my 2011 in late November and starting to prep for spring riding. Just bought these mirrors and wanted to get opinions. I went through this forum and did a lot of searching but decided on these cause they look nicer than stock but remain functional. I'll put up some pics once I get them on the bike. Thoughts???

My bike still stock but mirrors, evotech tail tidy, ebay led turn signals, evotech radiator cover all coming.

Last edited:

Speedo007

Depending on how big or small they actually are, it might look good. Certainly can't be worse the the stockers for sure :)

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I honestly prefer bar end mirrors, not only because I think they look better, but you can see completely behind the bike and there is not really a blind spot, assuming you have them angled properly.

Any aftermarket mirrors are better than the stockers. I don't know which is worse, the stock mirrors or the ridiculously huge rear mudgaurd.

rysyndrome

and I understand why they are more functional than the the stock location. I just couldn't find any bar ends that I liked for the price.

mano1192

+1, for function bar end mirrors simply can't be beat. For looks the Rizoma win the top position for me.

Rizomas for sure. You pay for them, but damn good quality. You wont have any chinese cast iron crap that snaps when you go to adjust it :p

rysyndrome

No way am I paying $300 for a set of Rizoma mirrors. If I don't like the ones I purchased they also have the ones below. Just thought they would be too small. Or if they turn out to be junk from "Tiwan" then maybe some cheap bar ends, better then nothing. Stock has to go though.

lothodon

Super Moderator
keep in mind that the fz8 has a left hand thread on the brake side mount. depending on how you plan to mount them it can become an issue.

rysyndrome

Well got the mirrors on. Shipping only took 3 days from "Tiwan", lol. Even came in some nice packaging and a written letter. I like them more than I even thought I would. From the side they are less conspicuous than stock and angle adjustability allows them to sit lower too. They came with reverse thread for the right side so very easy to install. Sorry for the crappy pics but its pretty overcast outside today. My seats are off for the Evotech fender eliminator kit install and LED indicator relay install.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
kiwav really has some fast shipping. i LOVE what you got as they are no where near as ugly as stock but still look useful. how is the paint?

rysyndrome

Not sure if its paint or powder-coat since it has a bit of texture to it, very similar and just as good as the evotech stuff I have (rad cover, tail tidy). Very good quality I must say. The mirror glass is actually a little wider than stock so I can get a pretty good view around my elbows. Unfortunately its too cold to ride right now so I'll have to wait for a true assessment on actual usability. Kiwav asked me to send them a pic of my bike with the mirrors and I might just do that I'm so happy with them.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i got simple adapters from them and was as impressed with the shipping time, paint, personal note and overall service. top notch.

H

Hoover

I like them. I went "bar-end" for the first time for a change. If I was going to go uprights, I would try these. Very sharp.

Speedo007

Just received these I ordered a while back. Felt that for 16.99$ and free shipping they were worth a try
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160718684343&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:1123

Now the mirror and most of the mount is made of plastic but where it mounts in the handlebar it's of course metal. They are super light, and I think they fit well with the bikes lines while still offering decent visibility. Now it's about -15C in my shed and snow outside so I just took a quick snapshot, but I think for the price they look decent and are functional. I'll give them a real try when Spring is here I'll remove the bar ends and see how I like em. If I don't, I'll just go back to the bar ends.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Quite a sharp look, but let us know how real world tests go. Vibration, blind spots etc.