FZ8 mirror alternative

my bar end mirrors will be in either this afternoon or tomorrow morning i will post pics as soon as they are on!

Speedo007

Temperature sucks so bad here, i think your better in Vegas for now lol! Washed the bike for the first time in like 2 weeks of raining...mud up to the back seat...(that tail tidy looks good but isnt so tidy after its rained! :p)

Speedo007

This is the link you need to paste: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3328/5755874025_2048a384d5.jpg
using the "mountain and sun yellow icon" just above the dialog box where you enter your text.

And here's what your images link should look like but with spaces removed after and before the IMG tags:

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i'm trying to set up flickr so that i can just send photos from my phone to there and link to them rather than the old, camera - pc - imgur route.

is there an easy way to rip just that url from the flickr bbcode that's generated?

Speedo007

Yes, you just right click on any image and select "copy image location" and then you paste that URL using the picture icon in the forum.

Example:

Last edited:

Speedo007

Update:
PJ Parts made the mistake of sending me 2 left mirrors (shit happens). Since mirrors were too small anyways (the circuit mirrors are simply for those who need mirrors from a legal point of view but don't plan on using them), I returned them both and got these instead:
Rizoma's packaging is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. 200$ mirrors, out of the box, here's what they looked like. (the first pair I got were in much better condition)

I'll clean them up with WD-40 but all I can say is people those cheap bar end rizoma replicas are probably your best bet for the money, and they will probably be more functional too (once turned so they are pointing outside the bike).

I'll go try them out this afternoon and make a full review.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Speedo007

Ok went for a ride here's my review:

Pros: They look great (once cleaned with WD-40), really fit the bike's lines (transformed the bunny look into a raging tiger). Very high quality. Compared to the circuit mirrors these are a HUGE improvement on visibility (though still a bit less then stock...but no surprise the stocks are HUGE). Just moving around a little offers quite decent visibility. They don't vibrate 98% of the time including at highway cruising or illegal cruising speeds.

Cons: Price. They recommend using grease on every bolt, I'd recommend lock tight instead cause if one goes slightly lose your mirrors will end up upside down and you'll need to get an hallen key to tighten them back up.

Verdict: If you have more money then you know what to do with, go ahead order these. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the difference with the imitations isnt big enough to justify the price difference. Also had the bar end mirrors on a Speed Triple and they were among the best mirrors I had, on ebay you can get them for 60$. If I had to choose mirrors again, thats the way I'd go. Might even sell these and order the bar ends eventually. Don't get me wrong I like them and at 100$ a pair they would be a no brainer.

Last edited:

mano1192

I got a chuckle outa that myself. Im curious as to the difference in vibration between the Rizoma's and the knock offs. You get waht you pay for IMO with most products and while I tend to agree with you that the price difference may not make it worth it, but theres gotta be something they didnt do as well.

I think Rizoma needs to get some international patents going! LOL. Those knock offs look frigin identical!

Speedo007

I know sometimes the replicas are even made in the same factories...happens a lot in china. They often just susbtitute for cheaper material.

Reminds me of when Callaway got letters and calls about their golf clubs breaking...they were like state of the art titanium clubs...they then realized people had bought copies without knowing it. It just takes chinese about 2 weeks after a product is produce to duplicate and in the case of the clubs, with less then titanium...esthetically the clubs were identical, the copies were molded from the original, only difference was materials.

As for the replica mirrors, can't see anything going really bad with them if they look good :)

As for the vibration they are surprisingly better then the circuit ones, weird cause it's the same mount, maybe just the weight difference of the mirrors. There's only at idle do I see slight vibration anywhere else in the rpm its pretty much clear.

mano1192

As for the replica mirrors, can't see anything going really bad with them if they look good :)

As for the vibration they are surprisingly better then the circuit ones, weird cause it's the same mount, maybe just the weight difference of the mirrors. There's only at idle do I see slight vibration anywhere else in the rpm its pretty much clear.

Yea Im with ya, at idle my bar ends vibrate less then the circuits strange but true. I dont really get vibration in them at all, its more the road conditions and wind that move the mirror around. With the smooth roads in Vegas its hardly a issue. Im just stoked I dont have to take my eyes off the road to see to the side of me anymore, I feel much safer on the road. :D

Oh yea someone asked me yesturday if it was a streetfighter... definetely made me grin ear to ear! Now if only a dealer in town would pick up ducati, then I could actually have a streetfighter! It would be hard to trade this baby in though, its so sexy now :)

FZ8Grid

Oh yea someone asked me yesturday if it was a streetfighter... definetely made me grin ear to ear!

Im right there with yea man.

Lucky for those of us that cant match their price tag we can turn our fz8 into one style wise. Def a dream bike for me.

mano1192

so I guess youll be selling your rizomas?

No I returned them to PJ's parts, they are really cool. I told em I didnt like them and wanted to order the retros, I ordered and paid for the retros and they said try them out and return the pair you dont like. So I did... I know Ive said it many times before, but they are top notch in customer service!