FZ8 mirror alternative

Fzcrusin8

I grabbed a bar end mirror at the Lexington, Ohio swap meet just like the eBay ones and instead of using the longer bolts I machined a groove into the bar end .875diaX.430wide repainted and it looks clean as hell. Let me know of anyone is interested in having this done.

Speedo007

Had the same thing done to my MT-01 bar ends. Then painted them black, looks like stock parts now.

cambo

Avid Rider
Hi everyone,

I feel like this will be a redundant post since I think someone already has this set up but anyway...

I just picked up one of these sweet bikes a few weeks ago and like everyone else, one of the first things I noticed about this bike was the useless mirrors. I saw a lot of folks here liked the circular ones off ebay. I almost pulled the trigger on those as well but I just don't like the way they looked and decided not to, despite how cheap and functional they are.

I found a different set of bar end mirrors off of amazon; shipped from Hong Kong and got here within a week. The hardware they came with was useless as the bolt was too big for the stock fitting. So I basically chucked the nuts and bolts it came with, hammered the stock bar end weights through the mirror bracket, and was able to reuse the stock bolt. There's also a bolt to tighten the bracket around the bar end weight so that adds to the secure fit. You can tell from the pictures it took quite a bit of hammering lol, but I don't care that it looks like sh*t...it's the mirror positioning I care about!

Anyway, I found that positioning the mirrors in the forward most position was the best set up. The outside of my palms didn't have to touch the mirror's bracket (making the handlebar seem smaller), and I could still turn the wheel full lock in both directions. Clutch/Brake operation is unobstructed.

Most importantly: I can see the tail of my bike in both mirrors! Plus I think it looks good. And the bracket and mirrors seem very sturdy. I have to apply quite a bit of hand strength to move the mirrors around so I suspect they'll be ok at high speeds...but I can't confirm yet...because I don't have a license...yet...haha

The mirrors cost me 26 bucks for both. Here's the link off of Amazon. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HL9JAK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00]7/8" Pair Motorcycle Bar End Rear Side Mirror for Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki Kawasaki Ninja EX500 650R ZX-6R ZX-9R Yamaha YZF-R1 YZF R1 R6 R6S R7 FZ1 FZ6 - Amazon.com[/ame]

Thanks for reading!

C

Camo

Firstly, being your first post and all...welcome.
I have these mirrors still in the packaging, never got round to changing out my other bar ends.

B

bren

welcome cambo!

I had a set of of those too but turned the mirrors in the other way. Kept bumping them all the time lol.

im looking at getting some of the smaller round ones now like Camo's to reduce the profile of the bike at the front...

Motogpmad

I can tell you already (not to be a downer) that the "gold" is going to fade REALLY fast as will the black. I can post a pic of what they will look like after three months.

Mechanically sound, but the paint will fade very quickly if left in any sun.
Should last quite a while in the Uk then :D

Motogpmad

Here are mine. They are Tomok knock offs from fleabay. I got them for $30 plus shipping. $50 total. I ordered the "gold" and it came to me looking orange. Almost the same color as the front turn signals hahaha. So i took out the good ol' rattle can and did them flat black. The mirrors are waaay better than stock and I can actually see if a cop is on my ass.

Are those mirrors the same as these?
Universal Motorcycle CNC Side Back Mirrors Honda Suzuki Yamaha Ducati BMW Black | eBay

B

bren

they look about the same mate- there are a few knock off versions of those on ebay. all the same quality. I have a gold pair.

ssky0078

If there is anybody who wants to get rid of their stock mirrors I'm in the market. I want to put them on my Fz1 that I'm making naked.

ZeeKdaGreeK

Has anybody messed around with the folding bar end mirrors? The cheap ones off eBay but folding? I don't know how well they would hold up with wind at high speeds or such an easy install like all the others..

Last edited:

ZeeKdaGreeK

The Ebay mirrors are great I can see the back of my bike and everything around me! Had to add a washer on the throttle side so it wouldn't stick.

was it just a simple washer cause Im having some trouble with the install.. mirror turns with the throttle and the throttle sticks!!!

Update: Two washers did the trick.. Working fine now..

Last edited:

Keach

10MM reverse thread bolt

Anyone have an extra or know where I can get a left hand thread 10MM bolt to attach my right China knock-off mirror. The 10MM reverse thread bolt they sent me is crap and won't thread by hand. Checked with local hardware/auto stores..no luck. Found one online but really don't want to pay half of what the mirrors cost to get one bolt. Emailing the ebay seller is getting frustrating lol.

Woody146

Banned
Crg is the only way to go...had cheap bar end...was always folding and bolts stripping...bought a pair of crg folding hindsights..best decision ever....the mirror was more clear and better angle..all billet...bolts are solid..only downfall...150$+

Woody146

Banned
This is the crg....you can get a set from cycle gear.com that is somewhat decent (what I used to have) these dominate though.

FastZ8

I skimmed most of this thread but didn't see anybody posting about LED indicator mirrors.

I've beens eyeing a pair up like this. Anybody running a similar setup or have feedback/recommendations?

Motorcycle Integrated Turn Signals LED Side Mirrors for Honda / Kawasaki / Suzuki / YAMAHA (2 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I like the looks of them.Seems like a nice product.Looks like they would flow nice with the lines of an 8.If I ever decide to get rid of my l.e.d signals and billet mirrors I would def rock a set of these.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned