EXHAUST

Damn I just ordered the R-77 D. I was hoping it was as loud as the regular R-77. Anyone run the D ? if so how is the exhaust note on that?

I'm sure it will sound great no doubt about it, Yoshimura couldn't make a poor sounding exhaust even if they tried :) It will be loader then stock, don't worry.

i'm too looking for a new slip on for my fz8 fazer
just found the beautiful pipe by yoshimura the R-77D
but it seems there is no way to use on the street in germany, right?
so actually its for off road racing only :(
what a shame...

99.9% of aftermarket exhausts are not street legal. That's the reason why they are louder and offer a bit more power, because they don't have to meet the noise or pollution restrictions that production road bikes have to respect. By telling customers that they are ment for circuit racing only, they protect themselves in case your bike wouldnt pass pollution emission tests or you got a ticket for the noise level. You gotta choose, having fun or being 100% legal. :)

So as long as you don't annoy people on purpose with your exhaust you should be ok. Specially with the R-77D, it should sound slightly quieter then this R-77 with baffle:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/M7SEx-HyY8w

Compared to the stock one here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55BAcMu4e4

Last edited:
I just purchased the two brothers carbon black slip-on. I was wonder how bad the "popping" or "back fire" is on a stock setup. Is the smog block off plates a must? or ais block off? I live in Califonia and would like to keep the bike as stock as possible for easy change back to stock if needed.

I just purchased the two brothers carbon black slip-on. I was wonder how bad the "popping" or "back fire" is on a stock setup. Is the smog block off plates a must? or ais block off? I live in Califonia and would like to keep the bike as stock as possible for easy change back to stock if needed.

mckshred-albums-my-fz8-picture293-black-carbon-2bros.jpg

That is a beautiful pipe. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one and that is the one I am leaning towards. Can I ask you where you picked it up? I haven't found a lower price than about $497. I was also wondering what other mods are required to enable it to work correctly without any negative issues. PC required, etc.? I've seen information indicating yes and no on additional tuning requirements, so that is adding to the confusion. Thanks!

I found it at motorcycle superstore for $475 shipped. I'm in the same boat. I read about alot and other people that have it have pc but im not sure if they needed it or just had anyway. I can't wait to hear it and i agree on the looks.

found one

I found it at motorcycle superstore for $475 shipped. I'm in the same boat. I read about alot and other people that have it have pc but im not sure if they needed it or just had anyway. I can't wait to hear it and i agree on the looks.

Found this one at motorcyclegear.com and ordered it last night. I think I'm driving my wife crazy with these 'necessary' upgrades.

1 Two Brothers M-2 VALE Slip On - Black Series Carbon Fiber, Yam FZ8 2011
[$447.99]

Two Brothers Racing M2 VALE Slip On Exhaust Yamaha FZ8 2011-12 :: MotorcycleGear.com

I like what I read about the Yoshi, it sounds great as well but I really what to use the stock heat shield.
Anyone know what pipes re-use the stock heat shield aside from the two brothers?

Wouldnt be too hard to have a little bracket welded on the Yoshi. From what I know the TB is really the only one compatible with the heat shield out of the box.

Has anyone on here done a full exhaust ex the akra or the arrow I was curious if it's just bolt up and go or if other things need to be done? On ebay the akra are somewhat reasonable so it's crossed my mind.

I just contacted Arrow to see if their headers will fit with the stock exhaust, thus getting rid of the cat without having to take a screwdriver to the cat, which seems to be the power problem if you believe that the data from Akra is correct.

Has anyone on here done a full exhaust ex the akra or the arrow I was curious if it's just bolt up and go or if other things need to be done? On ebay the akra are somewhat reasonable so it's crossed my mind.

I have the arrow header, but I have not installed yet. I really don't see a reason why it wouldn't work with any slip on since it is designed to work with their own slip on. The next warm weekend I'll try to get out there to do the instal.

Back