EXHAUST

Jynxd

Mivv Double gun

Just ordered the Mivv double gun for my 2011 FZ8! Here's a video from Mivv, let me know what you think.

Video - MIVV

The US distributor (PJ's parts) has yet to stock it, but it's on the way!

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Just ordered the Mivv double gun for my 2011 FZ8! Here's a video from Mivv, let me know what you think.

Video - MIVV

While I like the sound of that, I would get pulled over in a heartbeat in Virginia.

Speedo007

Not an exhaust for those that dont enjoy the poping lol! Personnaly I LOVE that sound, sounds like a mix between a race car and a bike....though not quite sure of the look...

And yeah here too I'd get pulled over before I could leave my driveway.

C

calscrazy

tan racing on the other board did but i am not sure if he uses same name on this board.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
tan racing on the other board did but i am not sure if he uses same name on this board.

Yeah, based on this thread on the other forum, it doesn't sound like a great idea. Most stock cats shatter fairly easy, especially on cars....I guess that is not the case with the FZ8. Looks like I will go the aftermarket route for sure.

H

Hoover

Video - MIVV

I love the look, and the sound for that matter. It would get tiresome on a long ride though. Great around town. What did you pay for it?

FZER

Avid Rider
Vance and Hines told me that the CS One blackout slip-on would be about 94-96 dB without the silencer. I wonder if the graves block plates would stop some of that pop of the double gun. Anyone know the dB rating for it. I think with a little sanding high temp primer and high temp black paint that would be really awesome. I like it.

Does HOMOLOGATED mean street legal?

Last edited:

Hereward

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtmyobfRXE]fz8. - YouTube[/ame]

I have the carbon Akra, love it, I run it with db out, sorry for the vid sound quality not great. Full akra system I can only imagine would be even better! Looking at power output graphs and from my own bike it still has that kick at 7k but the flatspot from 6-7 is far less pronounced. Sound is absaloutly fantastic but earplugs with bd removed is a must :)

Some one mentioned FZ1 parts fitting the FZ8.......in some cases yes but not allways, I got the FZ1 stomp grips, they came nowhere near fitting the FZ8!

Mods
Akrapovic carbon db removed
FZ8 fly screen
split belly pan
led indicators
tail tidy
stomp grips
tank pad
Rad guard

Last edited:

Speedo007

Just photoshopped this, considering powder coat from headers to slip-on and maybe a fork swap to have it black.

FZ1inNH

Administrator

Just photoshopped this, considering powder coat from headers to slip-on and maybe a fork swap to have it black.

Keep checking ebay and craigslist for 2009 FZ1 forks. These will bolt right on, they are black AND you get adjustments!! :D

FZ1inNH

Administrator
considering where they are on the bike, exposed to rocks and stuff, not sure anything would really hold...

If you go with the ceramic coating, it will hold up to most everything. Typically around $150 for a good coating. Several guys in the FZ1 forum have done this and thus far, no issues with the finish. :D