EXHAUST

Speedo007

After thinking about it for weeks, I think Im about to place my order on this puppy. Installation must have been quite simple?

My Yoshimura R-77 showed up today, got some pics and a video comparison. I took it for a quick ride with the insert installed, I like it a lot. But I still need to ride it without the insert, it has a deeper tone. Here's what I got for now.

YouTube - ‪FZ8 Yoshimura Exhaust‬‏

Speedo007

I contacted Mivv directly, as they dont even have it on their site.
Here's what it would look like:

Ok got the answer directly from Mivv, they don't do the carbon fiber one for the FZ8.

Last edited:

Speedo007

Ok, just photoshopped this. My plan now is to buy the stainless Yoshi (429$ CDN tx and shipping included) and have it ceramic painted proffesionaly:

Speedo007

Honestly Im still hesitating hehe. I like how the stock one looks massive and rugged and love the matt black and the dual pipe tips. I think it fits perfectly with the lines of the bike. Just have the impression that if it was louder I wouldnt always being reving the sh*t out of the bike to hear the music (and we know reving even in 1st gear can get you a ticket in no time)...
When Im in the city I usually drop a gear to make sure cars around me know Im there, just thinking that if I can get something that sounds just slightly louder and deeper, might be a good thing. I really think I'll try the Yoshi stainless and if I like it, I'll have it ceramic painted...

Last edited:

Speedo007

Just placed my order for the exhaust from this site Blue Streak Racing - Contact Us

Yoshimura R&D - R-77 Stainless/Stainless Slip-On - Stainless End-cap
For the R-77 Yushimuro all stainless. For canadians he sells those at 429$CDN including taxes and shipping! If you want the carbon version it's 599$ tx and shipping included.

I've done business with them a few times, every time I've been impressed with prices, service and shipping. They don't have all they sell on the site, so if you want something but don't see it on their site email or give em a call and ask for Tony, he'll take care of it in a timely manner. Now I only need to find a shop that will do a nice permanent paint job like the stock one....

H

Hoover

I have the stainless with carbon tip. I love the sound and the slight popping back on override. I kept the " quiet pipe" insert in it, just because of where I live and the anti-social hours I keep.

awesome !!! i loved the sound of the fz with the two bros i am sure the yosh will sound just as great!

Speedo007

I have the stainless with carbon tip. I love the sound and the slight popping back on override. I kept the " quiet pipe" insert in it, just because of where I live and the anti-social hours I keep.

Is it louder then stock with the DB killer?

H

Hoover

For sure, not much at idle, but once you open it up, hell yeah! And it has an "expensive" sound.

Speedo007

Can't wait to receive it, hope I can ride it without the DB killer..but I suspect it will be pretty darn loud if its anything near to a TwoBrothers exhaust I've had on another bike (even with the DB killer it was freakin loud)...

really my two bros isnt that loud unless i am really on it! well nothing like my ninja with a D&D anyways!

Speedo007

I found a place to have the Yoshimura pipe ceramic coated in satin black. They showed me they can also produce "ceramic chrome". Might just have that done to the headers this winter, after that, no more discoloring, no more spots...

100$ for the pipe coating, so headers will probably around 150$...

Speedo007

I found a place to have the Yoshimura pipe ceramic coated in satin black. They showed me they can also produce "ceramic chrome". Might just have that done to the headers this winter, after that, no more discoloring, no more spots...

beefcake morris

I would love to see photos when you get it done. If you can do some really up close ones that would be great.