lyric's mods

lothodon

Super Moderator
lyric what i was trying to say before is that you don't have to remove the plastic covers to lift/tilt the tank at all. i did my entire airbox mod with the tank propped up and never took the side covers off.

lyric911

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I've never removed the covers, either. I was only stating that if my tank grips are stuck to both the tank and the plastic (as they are now), that the tank won't rotate up.

Sschwar4

The plastic panels on the side of the tank are attached to the tank. Should be no issue to raise the tank, unless they contact the frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I think you are misunderstanding what lyric is trying to express. If he attaches the grips to tank and side plastic without cutting at the seem between tank and plastic side panels, the tank will not lift due to the grip being stuck to side panels, so they will need to be cut(seperated).

lyric911

I think you are misunderstanding what lyric is trying to express. If he attaches the grips to tank and side plastic without cutting at the seem between tank and plastic side panels, the tank will not lift due to the grip being stuck to side panels, so they will need to be cut(seperated).

Yes, exactly this. I even posted a picture that shows the grip pads stuck to both the tank and the plastic pieces. :confused:

Sschwar4

The plastics just above the frame are attached to the tank. When tank is lifted, they can be removed. From under the tank. There is only one piece of plastic to remove to get the tank off and the picture doesn't show the pad overlapping it.

Are you sure you have lifted the tank?

Last edited:

lyric911

The plastics just above the frame are attached to the tank. When tank is lifted, they can be removed. From under the tank. There is only one piece of plastic to remove to get the tank off and the picture doesn't show the pad overlapping it.

Are you sure you have lifted the tank?

I've lifted the tank several times (power commander install, several other wires I've ran.) I apparently never noticed that they went up with it.

Edit: :eek::eek:

Last edited:

lyric911

In other news, finally got to ride to work this morning. The grip pads feel great!

And to clarify the communications SNAFU that went on far too long. From my perspective at the time, I thought the correct people were simply misunderstanding what I was saying. What I was reading (somehow, at first) was that you were all under the same (mis)conception as me that the plastic pieces did not move with the tank but somehow didn't understand why I'd want/need to cut the pads.

Last edited:

lyric911

New tank bag:

It's the Cortech Dryver medium sized with GPS bag add-on. It doesn't move at all like strap mounted bags, and doesn't touch the paint at all. :D

Sschwar4

New tank bag:

It's the Cortech Dryver medium sized with GPS bag add-on. It doesn't move at all like strap mounted bags, and doesn't touch the paint at all. :D

What's the mount itself look like without the bag?

lyric911

Re: Cortech Dryver - I must caution you all to not buy this tank bag. I went through two in about a week. The waterproof zippers have incredibly tiny plastic teeth and both broke within about 5 zips. I'm trying out a Givi bag next.

lyric911

New (and hopefully last) tank bag is in. This one comes with a rain cover, shoulder strap, safety tether, and has a pull out GPS/phone holder.

Mounting ring is way cleaner looking than the Cortech.

No touching!

Reflecty, but you can see its position on the bike.

Sschwar4

Re: Cortech Dryver - I must caution you all to not buy this tank bag. I went through two in about a week. The waterproof zippers have incredibly tiny plastic teeth and both broke within about 5 zips. I'm trying out a Givi bag next.

Surprising on the Cortech bag. Have had a few and seemed pretty good quality.