lyric's mods

lyric911

I'm going to try to take another video tomorrow outside in the daylight. I think the problem was that my garage was dim, so the bright lights were effectively washing out the sensor. I think being in a brighter environment might get better results.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Just wiped it down with alcohol it was 80 outside so i didnt heat it up
Slowly peel off the paper starting at the top pulling the paper off as you go down used masking tape as a guide View attachment 146

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

lyric911

lyric911

I haven't ridden with them yet, but after just sitting on the bike in the garage, I want them to be lower. Like, even on to the plastic below the tank then take an xacto knife to split it so that I can lift my tank as needed.

lyric911

Well aware. But if I span the tank and the plastic side panels with the tank grips...

Edit: What I meant before was remove the tank grips, and stick them on both the plastic panels and the tank. Then cut a seam into the tank grips so that the tank can swing up without needing to remove the grips.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I also think i need more grip on the plastic side panels( lower than just the tank.) My grips (same as above) will be here this week. Will most likely do the split half tank half plastic panels as lyric suggested.

lyric911

I also think i need more grip on the plastic side panels( lower than just the tank.) My grips (same as above) will be here this week. Will most likely do the split half tank half plastic panels as lyric suggested.

The instructions say that they are movable after you've stuck them, so I'm going to try moving them tonight I think.

lyric911

I attached them lower, but did not cut them. I'd have to pull them off again and cut them off of the bike with a template. I was going to wind up damaging my tank if I tried it with them stuck on. They feel a lot better now. I'll deal with the cut/removal whenever I next need to pull the tank up.