lyric's mods

lyric911

Corbin from hypo came in today. Couple of pics of it post install. Hoping to do some miles this afternoon on the new seat. Feels great just based on sitting on it in the garage.

Edit: You can also see in this pic that my bike is filthy. It's likely to stay that way.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Curious to hear your comments after riding the seat for a while... I have read so much negative feedback on the Corbin seat on fit and comfort( for the FZ8). I wonder if it more comfortable than stock.let us know.......

lyric911

Curious to hear your comments after riding the seat for a while... I have read so much negative feedback on the Corbin seat on fit and comfort( for the FZ8). I wonder if it more comfortable than stock.let us know.......

Did about 60-70 miles today. I like the seating position a lot better than stock. The Corbin seat is very firm, but I was able to ride quite a bit longer before I felt any sense of soreness. Also, when I did get any soreness, it was general/softer? than the stock seat. When my ass hurts from the stock seat, it hurts and is in tiny spots which seems to make it worse.

I think I'd still prefer a Top Saddlery seat, but for the price this'll do until next year.

lyric911

Got luggage?

Went to the grocery earlier and decided I should take the bike. Then I realized I never had put all 4 bags on at once. So, there you go.

MojoRisin

I love that exhaust! I think I found it online for $72.00. Anyway looking at your pics it looks like you didn't use the clamp or straps that are included? Aren't they needed? It looks a lot better without them. If this is the same exhaust I'm ordering it today.

lyric911

I love that exhaust! I think I found it online for $72.00. Anyway looking at your pics it looks like you didn't use the clamp or straps that are included? Aren't they needed? It looks a lot better without them. If this is the same exhaust I'm ordering it today.

Yeah, that's the same one. I had the strap on there at first, but it wasn't doing anything. The conical shape of the can basically keeps the strap from doing any good. There's a mount point for the headers just a few inches forward of where the elbow attaches, and the springs hold it on quite firmly. Also, the rubber melted to the exhaust about 2 weeks in, so I just removed it.

D

Deleted member 438

Hey Lyric911, you can remove the exhaust bracket from the passenger peg to clean it up. Also, where did you get the plugs for the old mirror mounts?
Thanks!

lyric911

Hey Lyric911, you can remove the exhaust bracket from the passenger peg to clean it up. Also, where did you get the plugs for the old mirror mounts?
Thanks!

I'll look at that tonight after work. To plug the mirror mounts, I just bought some plastic auto clip things at Lowes. Something like these:

And just cut the top part off.

lothodon

Super Moderator
just got around to REALLY looking at your pics. what is the massive wiring connection just above the kickstand on the clutch side? i don't have that on mine.

lyric911

just got around to REALLY looking at your pics. what is the massive wiring connection just above the kickstand on the clutch side? i don't have that on mine.

Ugh. It's the connector for the wideband O2 to the Auto tune. I hate it, and there's nowhere to hide it. I wrote Dynojet to ask them about rewiring things to move the connector - they advised that I not do that as wire resistance apparently is part of the calculations, and changing the length of the wires will mess it up.

lothodon

Super Moderator
that's kind of what i guessed it to be, just curious. seems shocking that dynojet couldn't find a better (hidden) location for that beast.

lyric911

My front signals are in today...but I don't think I'll be able to put them on. Just not going to have time. We'll see.

Also, my tank bag and saddle bags are being returned. The solar unit isn't good enough. Just going to wire up a 12v socket instead.