Headers Ceramic Coated Black
Shogun Frame Sliders
Shogun Spool Sliders
Smoked LED Turn Signals
Motodynamics Smoked LED Taillight
eBay Fender Eliminator
CNC Bar End Mirrors
Givi Windscreen
OEM Retrofit Custom Projector (Gold Housing & Black E55 Shroud)
4300K Morimoto Bulb and Ballast
Courtesy LED Light
Handlebar On/Off Switch
Shad Seat (Black with Gold Seams)
TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Grips/Tank Pad
Gold Radiator Guard
Gold Oil Reservoir Cap
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Updated Pics added to Post #47

Last edited:

EZ RIDER

Hey hutru01 where did you get the Tech Spec tank grips and tank pads from? How much did they cost you?

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Last edited:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Where'd you get your Givi Windscreen? Looks awesome!!! And whats the E55 shroud?

Givi Windscreen from here -> Givi A287 Replacement Windscreens - Yamaha FZ8 - 2011 - Competition Accessories

The e55 shroud is this part that goes around the HID projector. As seen here ->
E55-R - Projector Shrouds from The Retrofit Source Inc

My single shroud was painted semi-gloss black.

Last edited:
C

Camo

Big fan of the V&H can!
Bike is looking good man, how many miles on it now?

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Big fan of the V&H can!
Bike is looking good man, how many miles on it now?

Thanks. The mileage is laughable, like 400ish...its been in my dads's garage across town because I don't have a storage shed for it at my house yet. I am gonna be putting one up hopefully this weekend. Need to go to Lowes/Home Depot. Once that is done, I will be riding a lot more.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
windscreen and projector looks real good. How hard was it to retrofit ur lights?

My friend Tommy did the retrofit. He does it on the side. Actually, this was his first motorcycle retrofit. He has been doing it on car headlights for about 5 years.

wa2txcory

TechSpec Grip Pad

Hey with that Grip Pad-what bike did you select. I am looking for the same thing but with the snake skin they dont have an FZ8. Did you use the FZ6 or an R1. Thanks.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Hey with that Grip Pad-what bike did you select. I am looking for the same thing but with the snake skin they dont have an FZ8. Did you use the FZ6 or an R1. Thanks.

I got my Gripster TechSpec pads from motorcyclegear.com (formerly newenough.com) had them ordered. A guy named Nate helped me out.

New Enough / MotorcycleGear.com
806-832-5190
MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More!

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I tried to apply a 1/4 inch gold reflective rim stripe this weekend to no avail. I did like 1/4 of one wheel and it looked terrible. Don't bother attempting this unless you can take the wheel off. Even then, I would rather powdercoat them gold. That is my plan when its time to replace the tires.

On a more positive note, I rode out to Smith Mountain Lake in Southern VA with a couple other riders. Perfect weather, right around 70 degrees. We hit some twisties on the way back. It was about a 140 miles round trip. Good times...

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Here are some pics with the lights on. They aren't great, but the best I can come up with for the time being.

Finally, here is a shot from straight on. I re-positioned my stebel nautilus horn so it wouldn't be taking any moisture in straight as it would have before.