HutRU01's Mods

Black-n-naked

Nice job!
It looks like the Stebel is mounted where the original horn was located.
Did you have to bend/adjust anything on the bike to get it to fit?
Or was it a simple switch??

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Nice job!
It looks like the Stebel is mounted where the original horn was located.
Did you have to bend/adjust anything on the bike to get it to fit?
Or was it a simple switch??

I used a bracket from home depot on the bolt that holds the original bracket for the horn. The bracket for the original horn has the relay switch mounted on it. I will try to get a picture of it this weekend. I didn't have to bend anything.

Rgraphic

Ordered the tank guard and grips. Thanks for posting. Exactly what i was looking for and the exhaust looks great. I'll have to wait a bit to drop the money on that. Does anything have to be adjusted for a slip-on or does the bike adjust itself accordingly? I'm pretty new to this stuff.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Ordered the tank guard and grips. Thanks for posting. Exactly what i was looking for and the exhaust looks great. I'll have to wait a bit to drop the money on that. Does anything have to be adjusted for a slip-on or does the bike adjust itself accordingly? I'm pretty new to this stuff.

It fits pretty well actually. Lining up the exhaust hanger to the OEM mount is the only somewhat tough part, but for the most part, its plug and play.

I could have used some vice grip handles....haha

mikefz8

@Hutru...I want to get the v&h pipe...I cant remember did you also do a PCV or something similar? These 2 items will be my next purchases for my 8

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
@Hutru...I want to get the v&h pipe...I cant remember did you also do a PCV or something similar? These 2 items will be my next purchases for my 8

Nope, the only engine related mod I have is the V&H pipe so far. The rest is cosmetics / protection.

mikefz8

Nope, the only engine related mod I have is the V&H pipe so far. The rest is cosmetics / protection.

Do you have any popping on deceleration? And does it help with the flat spot from 5-6? and lastly overall sound performance--is it tingy sounding or does it havea nice growl or sound more like the stock pipe?

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Do you have any popping on deceleration? And does it help with the flat spot from 5-6? and lastly overall sound performance--is it tingy sounding or does it havea nice growl or sound more like the stock pipe?

Yes, a little bit of popping on deceleration....not bad though. As for the flat spot, I can't say that I notice a flat spot to begin with. (not the best person to ask)

Soundwise, its a deep growl. Not raspy. The only time it sounds even remotely like stock is at idle, and even then you can hear the rumble.

mikefz8

Yes, a little bit of popping on deceleration....not bad though. As for the flat spot, I can't say that I notice a flat spot to begin with. (not the best person to ask)

Soundwise, its a deep growl. Not raspy. The only time it sounds even remotely like stock is at idle, and even then you can hear the rumble.

Would a PCV fix the popping? I have had my stock pipe pop on decel so to me it wouldn't be that big of a deal--I do want to get a PCV though. Thanks for the info on the pipe. I like how agressive it looks

Ott

You can tune out the popping. Blocking/removing AIS will help as well.

Pull the AIS hose from the bottom of the airbox, place a piece of electrical tape over the nipple and reattach and clamp the hose in place. Popping averted.

lothodon

Super Moderator
Pull the AIS hose from the bottom of the airbox, place a piece of electrical tape over the nipple and reattach and clamp the hose in place. Popping averted.

imo a better option is to place a dowel (or other plug) in the end of the hose, clamp it, and get an end plug for the inlet of the airbox to prevent the off chance the tape comes loose and you suck it into an intake.