How old are you guys and girls with FZ8's?

jhs1969

45. Had been out of motorcycles for 19 yrs. Quit riding in '94 when I had a cbr 900rr, rode like a mad man and stopped before it stopped me.

Bought a new FZ8 last spring, got divorced last summer and sold the bike. Should be picking up another FZ8 in a couple of months.

I love all bikes, including the look and style of the Harleys but it is just not me. I feel safer on the 8 with better acceleration, braking and handling. Hate to see the 8 go, don't care for the 09 at all.

Bajaedition

Love the 50 and older representation here

I fell in love with the bike first time I saw it

I was wondering if I would look like I was having a late in life crisis because I got it but looking back at all the SS bikes I have owned I guess this looks mild

I always get the "I thought you would be riding a Harley" statement when I show up for rides, I ride with diverse crowds and do quite a few rides with friends who ride Harleys. A lot of them used to be the Harley or get off the road type of guys but since I have done rides with them they start to defend me as part of the group. I also think that the bad to the bone Attitude has softened by so many of them buying Jap cruisers now.

Anyway, I love the bike, sorry to see it no longer sold, I think part of the reason guys just do not have the loyalty to Jap brands is that a model can be taken out of teh line after a few years, but then the alternative would be bikes that evolve just about as fast as, well, Harleys.

:D:rolleyes:

hevi19

21 when i bought it, now 22! And the reason why that's not an SS... because here the license are 1200$+tx and the insurance are so expensive for young guy like me!

Already that my fz8 cost 550$ of license en 800$ of insurance! But i really like it and dont regret my choice!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
32. Bought the house, turned 30, bought the bike, been 18k miles and 2.5 years since. Loving every minute of it.

npeifer2308

Yea, I loved my gsxr but I wanted to try something a little different and always liked the way naked bikes looked. I have the same amount of power as an ss in a more comfortable and naked look, just the way i like it ;);)

I completely agree with you. I have had a few SS bikes in the past and I absolutely loved my last one which was a 03 GSXR 600 but when it came time to get a new bike I wanted something more comfortable. I am 24 now but bought mine when I was 23.

07cobaltLScoupe

I completely agree with you. I have had a few SS bikes in the past and I absolutely loved my last one which was a 03 GSXR 600 but when it came time to get a new bike I wanted something more comfortable. I am 24 now but bought mine when I was 23.

you're from allentown PA!? i live in Easton but only ever saw 1 other 8 around the area and i know the guy

zikolai

I'm 37 and have been riding since I was 20. Tried all sorts of sport bikes (ZX7, VFR800, R6, RC51,etc...) and I must say I am quite happy with my 2013 FZ8. Keeps me out of trouble and is a lot of fun :) Now she is in the garage waiting for the snow to melt... I hate you guys in the south :p

MotoZen

I bought mine last spring/summer at 31, now 32. My first bike was a '85 Honda Shadow 500 cruiser which was slow but bulletproof. Second bike was a "project" '76 Honda CB750F. I had a kid and ran out of time for rebuilding so I bought my 8 after I finished paying off my car. I love my CB but it still can't compare.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

npeifer2308

you're from allentown PA!? i live in Easton but only ever saw 1 other 8 around the area and i know the guy

I just bought my 8 last summer so I haven't been riding it in the area for to long. I bought it from Scott Powersports in Coopersburg. I think I saw another 8 last fall while out riding, I don't remember though. Could have been you or your buddy because I know there are not many. It's a rare breed haha.

That's cool to know there are other 8 riders in the area, I don't get out to Easton to often but if i'm ever out that way and I see another FZ8 i'll try to flag you down!

07cobaltLScoupe

I just bought my 8 last summer so I haven't been riding it in the area for to long. I bought it from Scott Powersports in Coopersburg. I think I saw another 8 last fall while out riding, I don't remember though. Could have been you or your buddy because I know there are not many. It's a rare breed haha.

That's cool to know there are other 8 riders in the area, I don't get out to Easton to often but if i'm ever out that way and I see another FZ8 i'll try to flag you down!

no doubt, i actually got a quote on one at Scott's last february when i started looking and by the time i went to buy it a week later they sold it on me. so i ended up buying mine in jersey brand new. i myself wear a solid silver full-face with a tinted visor, my name's Andrew. for sure if you see me cruising around make sure to flag me down

santosfz8

23. First bike went straight to the nakeds. Went for my 3rd ride through julian ride in CA, and south to the east 94. She handles well while naked. :)

pigdog

guess im the old guy here, 64. this is my 13th bike. when i rode home from the dealership i climbed off, legs shaking, stared at the bike for a bit & thought what the hell were you thinking. " you're gonna poke your eye out Ralphy"

qnbee

usually I say I'm old enough to know better than to answer that question but seeing we are all sharing, I'm 43 but my mental age is 30 :cheer: