How old are you guys and girls with FZ8's?

OdinSon

29. Started riding last year on an FZ6 in May. Put 4,000 miles on the bike in 3 months working full time and not commuting on the bike. Hit a nasty patch of payments colored fine gravel going into a turn on an overcast day. Never saw it until the split second before I hit it and the bike snapped right out from under me. Wearing a leather armored jacket, gloves, boots, and a helmet got 5 stitches and got a type 3 ac shoulder separation. Separated shoulder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was riding again two weeks later although I could barely get a shirt on by myself.

I got the 8 end of summer/early fall and managed to put another 1,000 to 1,500 miles in before it got to cold for me to ride.

jukemike1

I'm 41 this is my 7th bike. I tiered myself up from a Honda spree to an nx125 then a ninja 250 then a bandit 400, numerous cbrs (f2-f3 f4) by far my favorite bike was my 2000 yzf (thundercat) I got that new and put well over 30k on it in southern cali traffic. FUN!! the fz is my fall back from the ducati 796 I wanted. too much $$ and nowhere for services!!

Wolf

32. Started on an 01 SV650 when I was 20 (bought it within a month of moving out of my parents' house). Then a couple years later I traded it for a 99 Superhawk. A year or so after that, I got an 03 DR650SE. Then was bikeless for about 8 years.

Picked up a 12 FZ8 this week and am back in the game. :cheers:

Bagman

I'm 31. I'm going into my 3rd season of riding. I picked up the Fazer 8 last Fall, and I began riding on a 2005 Ninja500. Here is a pic of my bike from last fall (new), but today I spent time installing an R77-D & Yamaha's Tidy-Tail, so I'll need to upload new pictures soon.

https://flic.kr/p/gBNrwL

Last edited:

MotoZen

I'm 31. I'm going into my 3rd season of riding. I picked up the Fazer 8 last Fall, and I began riding on a 2005 Ninja500. Here is a pic of my bike from last fall (new), but today I spent time installing an R77-D & Yamaha's Tidy-Tail, so I'll need to upload new pictures soon.

https://flic.kr/p/gBNrwL

Nice bike. I wish we got the faired version or the blue color over here.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

myklobe

34, picked up the last new Gray 2013 FZ8 in Utah on Wednesday. Loving the bike so far! But, the break in is killing me! I want to use up the entire tach :)

Kliph

Hmmmmm,

I may be the oldest. I be 62 - almost an adult.........bought my
2012 2 years ago. Coming up on 22,000 kms. Came from a 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Seca which lasted more that 25 years.

Just love the FZ8!

.........Kliph

HAHA NO!!!

30. About 300lbs and only have about 3900miles since I bought her new last summer. I have fun all the time with it and won't get bored either.

cmbcp

Started at 14 with a minibike made out of bent water pipe, a mower engine (125cc) and trailer wheels. Belt drive, no clutch, no brakes, no suspension. Throttle either full on or off. 60kph flat out.
Was not riding for 30 years, then back in with a KLE500 for 2 years. Had the FZ8 for 2 years, and I'm not changing.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I'm 57 and have been riding for 16 years. Had to wait for the children to be in their teens and have a big life insurance policy first! When I was a teen and wanted a bike, my parents said, "Over our dead bodies!" I thought about it, hah hah. Then I got married and my wife said "Over my dead body!" I thought about it again. When you've had to wait as long as I did, you appreciate it a lot more. Nobody dares tell me not to ride now. They know I'd ride over "their dead body". I sold my three bikes to get the cash to buy my FZ8 a couple years ago. I love this thing. I had to have a naked bike because the engine is the most beautiful part of a bike.

adams614

Pillion
31 - The FZ8 is my 7th bike and by far the best. I've owned Litre bikes and SS bikes and grew out of them. Couldn't be happier with the 8.

NiteRaven

anniversary edition. Picked it up last winter while it sat sadly at the dealership, yearning for a good home.

4th bike. Previously R6, R1, SV650. took a hiatus for 10 years after my younger sibling got killed by a semi 14 years ago. then hopped back onto the saddle recently.

currently 1600km on the new bike. Love it.