FZ8 Rad Guard

Wieb27

Just wanted to let you guys know-who we're interested in one of Joes rad guards-that I got the demo one today and put it on the bike. I got the gold one and it's pretty damn close to the forks and looks awesome. I installed it and it fits perfectly. Joe asked that I wait till he sends the final product to post pics cause there are a couple things I think would help that he is going to address and he said he can get even closer gold color powder coating that he's going to do. Even if he didn't I would for sure spend $50 for the guard as is but once he gets done with the final product it will be well worth $50. Guard sits about 1" from the guard in the center and butts up to the sides of the rad. Awesome product guys-I would def recommend this although I can't compare this to the $100+ guards but it will def work in protecting the guard from rocks.

Thanks and keep us all in the loop!

jwhelan65

Here is the gold next to my Ohlins which it identical to the forks on the FZ8, color is very close

wa2txcory

Looks perfect Joe. Excited to get my final version. The template was good enough-this is even better. Well worth it especially in regards to what the alternative could cost us!

Last edited:

wa2txcory

Hey Lothodon I will post pics once I get the new one put on. The template one he sent was good this one should be even better.

wa2txcory

Should have the final guard pics next to the fork and on the bike within the next couple days or so. Joes already sent it out so once I get it I will immediately take the photos-afterall it only takes 30 seconds to install.

jwhelan65

Should have the final guard pics next to the fork and on the bike within the next couple days or so. Joes already sent it out so once I get it I will immediately take the photos-afterall it only takes 30 seconds to install.

Yep went out today Cory, you should have it on Monday

wa2txcory

Here is a pic of the template just for an idea of what it will look like. Will put the final guard on tomorrow and take better pics. View attachment 226

Sorry for the shitty pic-I will get better on here tomorrow if I can figure it out.

Last edited:

jwhelan65

Here is a pic of the template just for an idea of what it will look like. Will put the final guard on tomorrow and take better pics. View attachment 226

Sorry for the shitty pic-I will get better on here tomorrow if I can figure it out.

Cory,

Host your photo through Photobucket and than copy and paste the link into your post in the thread...

sixtus

So I bought the Yamaha FZ8 radiator cover, thinking it was going to be black (the picture showed it being black, and I've seen it before online in black)... but the one I got was silver (pic below). I called the company to see if I could exchange it for black, and they said that they only had silver. So now I'm considering painting it black, instead of going through the hassle of returning it and buying it somewhere else.

Any recommendations / suggestions / advice on painting something like this? Can I just take a can of flat black and be done with it, or is it not that simple?

lyric911

So I bought the Yamaha FZ8 radiator cover, thinking it was going to be black (the picture showed it being black, and I've seen it before online in black)... but the one I got was silver (pic below). I called the company to see if I could exchange it for black, and they said that they only had silver. So now I'm considering painting it black, instead of going through the hassle of returning it and buying it somewhere else.

Any recommendations / suggestions / advice on painting something like this? Can I just take a can of flat black and be done with it, or is it not that simple?

Rough it up with a scotch brite pad, primer, paint.

Black Widow

Avid Rider

I cleaned it and painted it with hi- temp flat black paint.