FZ8 Rad Guard

wa2txcory

I'm interested! I would really like to see the gold one on in a photo first though.

Very interested for that price!

Joe is making me up one right now in gold. Should have it on and pics by early next week. Black is pretty easy to invision and I think gold would look sick also.

lyric911

Joe is making me up one right now in gold. Should have it on and pics by early next week. Black is pretty easy to envision and I think gold would look sick also.

Will you please take a picture before you install it and hold it next to your forks?

jwhelan65

Here is a mock up so far, my question is does the FZ8 have side covers on the radiator? Wondering if it will need the additional trim down the right and left sides? I have two shades of GOLD, neither are a perfect match especially when it is tucked up under the headlight area. I will post some FZ1 photos with gold forks for reference. I have 3 additional grommet holes for snugging up the with zip ties. Again this is a mock up so bear with me...

Last edited:

jwhelan65

Here is my bike with the gold forks and the same gold guard, the lighting is not great but you can see it shadowed ..

wa2txcory

Here is a mock up so far, my question is does the FZ8 have side covers on the radiator? Wondering if it will need the additional trim down the right and left sides? I have two shades of GOLD, neither are a perfect match especially when it is tucked up under the headlight area. I will post some FZ1 photos with gold forks for reference. I have 3 additional grommet holes for snugging up the with zip ties. Again this is a mock up so bear with me...

Hey Joe,
We do have a side radiator cover buts it's not quit like the fz1's. It is literally just a side cover not any sort of fairing/cowling. I think I took side pics that I sent to you. If not I can send you one.

jwhelan65

If you can get the price to a more acceptable level, $20-$25, I'd be interested.

If you puncture your radiator it will cost you a minimum of $150 to have it repaired. If it cannot be repaired yamaha sells new ones for $399.00. Not to mention 4 hours of labor to install a new one at $80 per hour. Throw in fluid and new hoses and it will set you back up to $900.00 out the door. None of this is covered by insurance or your factory warranty...trust me I know.

A $50.00 radiator guard is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

wa2txcory

Will you please take a picture before you install it and hold it next to your forks?

Yeah once I get it I will take pics with it next to the fork and on the bike with a few different views. Before I get it-how to do I post pics on here. Can it be done from an iphone? THanks.

jwhelan65

UPDATE on the guards

I should have a test guard to Cory and a few ready by the weekend. I will have some better pics up soon.

wa2txcory

Just wanted to let you guys know-who we're interested in one of Joes rad guards-that I got the demo one today and put it on the bike. I got the gold one and it's pretty damn close to the forks and looks awesome. I installed it and it fits perfectly. Joe asked that I wait till he sends the final product to post pics cause there are a couple things I think would help that he is going to address and he said he can get even closer gold color powder coating that he's going to do. Even if he didn't I would for sure spend $50 for the guard as is but once he gets done with the final product it will be well worth $50. Guard sits about 1" from the guard in the center and butts up to the sides of the rad. Awesome product guys-I would def recommend this although I can't compare this to the $100+ guards but it will def work in protecting the guard from rocks.