FZ8 mirror alternative

MojoRisin

I'm late as usual. After getting rear ended last week made ignoring the crappy mirrors no longer an option I need to get some bar ends. I can find them on ebay but I want to make sure I'm ordering the right ones. All the links I click on say the sale has ended. Could someone PLEASE add a link to the right ones I want to order them today. Bikes in the shop getting repaired from the accident and I'd like to have these to put on when I get it back in a week or two. thanks

AcidRaiN

Ok they were definetely loose! I had about 2-3 turns before the screw was out yikes :eek: After my grip and lever install I threw on some blue locktite and the vibration is gone :D

where did you get your mirrors at? How much were they? I like the look of them!!

Thanks!

Btucker1420

I have a set of the cnc tomok mirrors still in box if anyone is looking for a set will
do a great deal on them for a member looking for a good mod for cheap decided to go with bar ends only reason im selling them have pics just send me a message if interested

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Thanks to Speedo for doing the legwork on mirror alternatives, i ended up with the $5 mirrors off e-bay. I had no idea they would work so well, no vibration, and a 180* rear view.

Goldie.JamesT

The Ebay mirrors are great I can see the back of my bike and everything around me! Had to add a washer on the throttle side so it wouldn't stick.

MojoRisin

I can't get these bar end mirrors installed, what am I doing wrong? I had te end weights out (dealer did that part for me, he couldn't install them either). When I tried put them on the throttle side the mirror bracket turned with the throttle.

lyric911

I can't get these bar end mirrors installed, what am I doing wrong? I had te end weights out (dealer did that part for me, he couldn't install them either). When I tried put them on the throttle side the mirror bracket turned with the throttle.

Pic of how you have them on now?

Speedo007

If this is the model you have, you need to remove all the chrome adapters but keep the black spacer and then use a longer bolt to compensate for the added length. If you don't have the spacer then do use a washer if you don't want your mirrors to be used as a cruise control hehe

jumb5150

Here are mine. They are Tomok knock offs from fleabay. I got them for $30 plus shipping. $50 total. I ordered the "gold" and it came to me looking orange. Almost the same color as the front turn signals hahaha. So i took out the good ol' rattle can and did them flat black. The mirrors are waaay better than stock and I can actually see if a cop is on my ass.

MojoRisin

$5.00 e-bay bar ends are on, best $ I've ever spent. Can see everything, it's just going to take some getting used to looking down. But it's nice to look in the mirrors and see what's behind me instead of my elbows. THANKS!

fraley33

Mirrors

OK, I have read several posts and/or replies about mirrors on the FZ8. I currently have the Rizoma Dynamic mirrors and love them! They dont vibrate, you cant beat the looks, and I can see everything with a quick move of the elbow; however, how many of you really look in your rearview mirrors without turning your head to look with your own eyes anyways? My point is Bar-end mirrors are horrible looking and in my opinion degrade the bike. One post on this thread said he got rear-ended so time to get some bar-end mirrors.?? What would that really have helped? maybe he would of got a better view of the cars front bumper as it was about to hit him? Does anyone else agree or am I just in left field here?:confused:

Speedo007

I stay in gear always at traffic lights ready to go anytime if I see the car behind is not stopping. I always check my mirrors until I have one car stopped behind me. For looks sure Rizomas looks best nobody will argue about that. But I've had Rizomas and on function the bar-ends are simply better hands down. To each his own I guess :)

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The bar end mirrors are by far the best view of side and rear, i think they look great on the FZ8.Ten times better than the stock antennas.

Speedo007

They beat the stockers for sure! I still prefer the Rizomas look, but really for the added function I still think they look pretty decent and subtle on the bike bar-ends all the way!

lyric911

OK, I have read several posts and/or replies about mirrors on the FZ8. I currently have the Rizoma Dynamic mirrors and love them! They dont vibrate, you cant beat the looks, and I can see everything with a quick move of the elbow; however, how many of you really look in your rearview mirrors without turning your head to look with your own eyes anyways? My point is Bar-end mirrors are horrible looking and in my opinion degrade the bike. One post on this thread said he got rear-ended so time to get some bar-end mirrors.?? What would that really have helped? maybe he would of got a better view of the cars front bumper as it was about to hit him? Does anyone else agree or am I just in left field here?:confused:

1) Yes I do head checks as appropriate.
2) Mirrors, like anything else, are a matter of preference/aesthetics. I think bar end mirrors are sexy and antenna mirrors are hideous. There's always going to be a differing of opinion on things like that.

MojoRisin

I was the one that got rear ended and said it was time to get bar end mirrors. The old mirrors were almost impossible to see anything other than my elbows unless like you said you you move your elbows out of the way. Maybe it's just me but I check my mirrors constantly maybe to the point of being obsessive about it. Maybe it comes from being a trucker. I was making a slow right turn into a parking lot and this person decided to go around me. They didn't go far enough around and clipped my back tire, if I'd have glanced in my rearview mirror I could have gassed it and maybe avoided it all together.

Honestly I think the stock mirrors were butt ugly and I actually like the look of the bar ends, to each his own I guess.