FZ8 mirror alternative

Speedo007

I don't think I could ever love the looks of them bar end mirrors. Different strokes for different *has a stroke.* SPEEDO! Them Rizomas! I remember reading quite a while ago, most probably in this thread, about your impressions 'n junk. Care to elaborate a bit more on their function again? They look like the ones I'll be grabbing once I get the bike in July.

Side note, me thinks I'll be copying your snakeskin design over the pre-cut version available on that site somewhere. Those side pieces look tonnes better IMO. But then again, your photography skills can probably make anything ugly into a piece of beauty.

...It was a compliment on your skills, not on whether I think the skins look bad or not.

...I don't think they look bad. That's why I want to copy them.

...I'm going now. >_>

For the Rizomas the quality and look is hands down the best out there. Fits on the bike like it should have, coming out of the factory. The only downside is the surface area and the position which forces you to tuck in your elbows a bit to get a proper view. There is absolutely no vibration at all and even the mirror surface itself is top notch and has a very subtle blue shade.

And yeah the bar ends I know isnt the most popular option for looks, but all I can say is I get plenty "thumbs up" while riding my FZ8 whatever mirrors I have on it :p And they are 10 times better looking then the stock ones, they are dirt cheap and offer visibility like no other mirror can. And like I said previously, keeping your bike in one piece also helps keeping it looking good :)

For the tank grips if you're not in a hurry, I might have an alternative for ya...

And thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:

Scatt-Man

The vibration is what I was concerned about, so that's great news. Looks like I'll be grabbing them Dynamics then. The Australian dollar is pretty strong at the moment, so importing them mirrors won't be as painful on the pocket as it would be to someone in the US.

Now if only I could import the lower cowling piece. Yamaha Australia are charging friggen $412AU! That's about $430ish US! WHAT?!

Call me Mr. Derailer, because this thread is off the tracks. But you're redesigning your grips, Speeds? Your side pieces are perfect! Make sure you keep me updated, buddy. CURIOUS! I won't be owning an FZ8 for a few months yet, mate...unless I man up and grab that FZ1n I saw yesterday. Balls-ugly exhaust, but man, dat headlight! Looks so much sexier up close than in the pictures <3. I don't need a 1,000CC engine though. *Sigh* decisions.

Speedo007

Top secret project for now for the tank grips hehe but I'll let you know when I'm ready :)
For the FZ1 if you can have the naked version in Australia it certainly is quite a good looking bike, the exhaust is the first mod pretty much everyone does so don't let that put you down. The rest of the bike is freakin awesome. I'm even considering finding a FZ1-N headlight to swap next year...

As for the bar end mirrors I tried to take a picture of the view it provides, but really I didnt do it justice, you can literally see about 180 degrees behind you without vibration and if you have a cop behind you, you'll be able to see it's a cop.

lyric911

Top secret project for now for the tank grips hehe but I'll let you know when I'm ready :)
For the FZ1 if you can have the naked version in Australia it certainly is quite a good looking bike, the exhaust is the first mod pretty much everyone does so don't let that put you down. The rest of the bike is freakin awesome. I'm even considering finding a FZ1-N headlight to swap next year...

As for the bar end mirrors I tried to take a picture of the view it provides, but really I didnt do it justice, you can literally see about 180 degrees behind you without vibration and if you have a cop behind you, you'll be able to see it's a cop.

I mounted mine slightly differently, but love them and the view!

jumb5150

I can tell you already (not to be a downer) that the "gold" is going to fade REALLY fast as will the black. I can post a pic of what they will look like after three months.

Mechanically sound, but the paint will fade very quickly if left in any sun.

yea i am curious to see how bad this fading will be.

D

Deleted member 438

Hey Hoover,
I keep my bike outside with a Dowco cover. Do you think those CRG mirrors are sturdy enough when the winds pick up and they get moved around by the cover? Right now I have some cheap ebay bar ends on just to see if they are my thing, but I definitely will be looking to get a higher quality item if I like 'em.
Thanks

H

Hoover

Hey Hoover,
I keep my bike outside with a Dowco cover. Do you think those CRG mirrors are sturdy enough when the winds pick up and they get moved around by the cover? Right now I have some cheap ebay bar ends on just to see if they are my thing, but I definitely will be looking to get a higher quality item if I like 'em.
Thanks

I too keep mine outside under a cover. I fold them in. Been very windy here, just as it has down by you. No problems whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 438

I too keep mine outside under a cover. I fold them in. Been very windy here, just as it has down by you. No problems whatsoever.

Now I have to see where I can get a good deal on them. Thanks!

lothodon

Super Moderator

and applied...

i rate them FAR more usable than my rizoma replicas (for sale now btw) and FAR less ugly than the stock mirrors. i did break down and order a set of bar ends as well and it will be a toss up between these and the bar ends.

Last edited:

Künstler

Thank you for the fast picture support..:)

They are really BEAUTIFUL..I`m jealous..:)..Wish to have same or smilar ones.I hate original mirrors!..
Ride with joy...

bye

Celal

mikefz8

I have been looking for an alternative to the 'stock' setup that I currently have and these may do the trick! Thanks a bunch for sharing! Very cool mirrors! How well do they compare the stock mirrors visibility vibration etc...?

lothodon

Super Moderator
here is my road report... visibility is improved over stock, i suspect it's due to the corner that sticks out a bit, but obviously no where near bar end visibility.

vibration is just about identical to the stock mirrors. you can make out everything behind you but you aren't going to read a license plate. lower rpms are worse than high in terms of vibration.

now mind you, i ride a lot at night and early morning and am very sensitive to bright lights so i actually kind of like having my elbows slightly obstruct the mirror. i've had many street bikes now and find it habit to simply bend in my left elbow to take a full peek behind me.

i also realized that i have really wide hands and i'm not rather certain that the way i intend to mount bar ends won't leave my hands enough room, as my gloves extend beyond the end of the rubber grips already.

if my suspicions turn out in regards to the bar ends, i will surely be keeping the above posted mirrors long term.

Goldie.JamesT

Could anyone direct me to a link of decent bar ends? I cant find anything that looks ok under 100/pair!

Thanks Guys.

The ones speedo posted a pic of would be great!