Exhaust Manufacturers

vargon09

Very true, thanks for the advice! I like the low rumble of the two brothers.. and for 385.00 I can't beat it! Plus the Yoshi is a little shorter but they both look great on the bike. Thanks again!

Speedo007

Trust me the Yoshi without baffle rumbles pretty low and loud in person hehe But at 385$ for the TB I'd jump on it :)

bobbyb

I'm lucky, I live in a border town, Sault Ste Marie ON. I have my parts shipped to "Soo" Michigan, pick them up, bring back and pay Ontario sales tax only. There is no more "duty".
B

FZER

Avid Rider
So I went to gut my cat on my stock exhaust and let's just say things didn't go so well...................Really long story, embarrasing as hell too. Anyway I ordered and installed the full Akrapovic exhaust on my bike, and don't have any need for GPR slip-on. I don't want to hassle with putting it on craiglist or any of that bulls-it so if someone wants it it's yours. It'd be best if you'd pick it up, but I'd be willing to try and find out how much shipping would to someone. I'll be out of town till Tuesday, so I'll get back with whoever next week.

Here's the pictures

FZER Mod, GPR Exhaust, GIVI, OEM black screen

eggserronius

Flush exhausts

Hey, does anyone make an exhaust system for the FZ8 that is kind of like Taylormade Exhausts? I saw another company with an system like that for the R6, but can't remember which it was.

Sschwar4

i'll be doing the same with my dealer as well. they BEGGED me to come to them and give them the chance to sell me accessories so i'll do just that.

knowing the online prices will help of course as you've got a good idea about markup.

I paid $539 with tax at the dealership. The full system would be $1104 with tax. Tax is 8.2% here.

Fazer401

Shorty pipe.... FINALLY

Hey guys, I looked long and hard, and found a shorty for the FZ8. It's called ExtremeBlaster, it's based on the supertrapp idea. Basically it requires no re-mapping because you can fine-tune the exhaust by adding/removing the stainless plates in the pipe. More plates = more top end,louder. Less plates= more torque, quieter. They recommend unplugging the battery after install to let the ecu make small adjustments. Conveniently, the color of the plates will also tell you if you're running rich/lean. This is info from the install instructions, i will post firsthand experience as I ride with it. These guys have been making pipes for gixxers for awhile, and as a former GSXR owner, I can tell you that guys either love em or hate em on a full-faired bike. Personally, I think a flat black shorty is a match for the FZ8,low and mean. I wanted a shorty, but not a straight pipe requiring a PC at least and obnoxiously loud and this looks to be the thing. Price is right around $200 depending on color options. I'll get some pics up ASAP, and get a sound clip recorded. The pipes and the story are at: gsxrexhaust.com/

Last edited:

Fazer401

Yamaha FZ8 shorty pipe

Ok,heres a teaser pic.... its raining in RI, so sound/video will be this weekend-ish. The "silver" section that you see is a sandwich of the 9 plates, to be added or removed as needed to tune backpressure,flow,volume,etc. It ships with 1 extra,but Im guessing I'll be removing,not adding plates. What do you guys think about this pipe on an FZ8? interested to hear feedback.

Last edited:

Fazer401

Aaaaand a photo installed

Alrighty then fellers, it stopped raining for 30 seconds so I installed the shorty and snapped a couple phone pics. It started to rain as soon as I took the last pic, so no sound clip just yet awwwww. I think it looks pretty sweet, imo the style is a match for the FZ8. The angle looks like it puts the bottom of the pipe a weeee bit lower than the bottom of the pegs,but slightly outboard, so its hard to say by eyeball if the clearance is changed. A little time in the seat will tell. Comments? Observations? Constructive criticisms?

rysyndrome

I think it looks good. Just wondering what the exhaust could do to the swingarm. Does it exhaust out all around the plates? Very nice though.

D

Deleted member 438

Alrighty then fellers, it stopped raining for 30 seconds so I installed the shorty and snapped a couple phone pics. It started to rain as soon as I took the last pic, so no sound clip just yet awwwww. I think it looks pretty sweet, imo the style is a match for the FZ8. The angle looks like it puts the bottom of the pipe a weeee bit lower than the bottom of the pegs,but slightly outboard, so its hard to say by eyeball if the clearance is changed. A little time in the seat will tell. Comments? Observations? Constructive criticisms?

I think it looks great on the FZ8, especially in black. Can't wait to hear the sound.

Fazer401

sound

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback so far. Dont hold back on the criticism, Id love to hear the good and the bad. I plan on sharing the opinions/suggestions with the guy who makes them. Hes just a biker who couldnt find the right pipe and thought why not supertrapp? and then made them himself. Alot of people are like DownHome, they had a supertrapp and loved the sound. Apparently its one of those unique exhaust notes that you cant quite get except from a supertrapp design, which makes sense since its such a funky non-traditional setup. They CAN be run wide open, and theres actually some mesh/baffle in the pipe itself but you GOTTA have a PC on it to run open and it will be loooooud. They come all stainless too if anyone likes the shiny chromey look, if chrome is a religion I am the anti-chrome. Raining again today,its killing me, but Friday looks nice...anyone have experience or advice on the best device to get a good sound recording?

Fazer401

quick vid

I want a video of this!!

Its not great sound quality, I used my phone to record up and down the street in 1st just to give you a rough idea. I think it sounds pretty mean...keep in mind I havent reset the ecu yet, or used silicone gasket maker on the connection, or toyed with adding/removing plates, so I can probably clean up the little bit of popping between those 3 things. Heres a link...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4m2dpcYuMw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]2012 FZ8 with XB08 slip-on pipe - YouTube[/ame]

D

Deleted member 438

That really does sound mean. My Akra is more quiet than I'd like for it to be.