Exhaust Manufacturers

Speedo007

you mean while flipping the cluth probably, Im talking power wheelies just by twisting the throttle, no clutch...

no popping of the clutch let it rev to like 7000 rpm kill the throttle let it drop then crack on it at like 5500 it should lift

or the higher you rev it the easier it is

Speedo007

Oh trust me I tried.. lol! Was able do it when using a bump in the road, without it, the front gets lite but no clear lift. With the cluth in 2nd gear it goes up nicely but without it I can kill the throttle and crack it open all day in 1st gear without getting a proper power wheelie. Maybe I just got spoiled with the Speed Triple's torque. How much to you weigh?

oh ya? im probably not doing a proper power wheelie but i can get the front end off the ground in first without a clutch and the higher the rpm i try it at the the higher the front wheel go... i am pretty heavy lol i weigh about 270

Hereward

Akrapovic as supplied by yam dealer in UK, looks good sounds better!

Speedo007

oh ya? im probably not doing a proper power wheelie but i can get the front end off the ground in first without a clutch and the higher the rpm i try it at the the higher the front wheel go... i am pretty heavy lol i weigh about 270

Yeah at 270lbs, it lowers the back and makes it easier to wheelie :)

Speedo007

There seems to be a big catalyzer on the R6. If you managed to fit this on the FZ8, you'd make alarm systems go off wherever you went!

C

calscrazy

There seems to be a big catalyzer on the R6. If you managed to fit this on the FZ8, you'd make alarm systems go off wherever you went!

and the problem with that is.........

i talked to a friend who happens to be a yamaha tech and local pc guru. he said the problem is in getting it to fit. i am going out town this weekend but next sunday when i get some time i am gonna measure the pipe circumference on the 08 r6 in my garage and then the fz8 then i let the brainstorming begin.

Speedo007

No problems if you like getting a headache on long rides hehe

As for the catalyzer I just think on the R6 it's probably reducing the sound compared to what you'd get on the FZ8 (as theirs a second catalyser in the stock exhaust which is why the catalyser that's left on the Fz8 with exhaust removed is smaller).

You might one to take a look at this one:
http://www.silverstonemotor.com/yam...0,us,4,IXRACE-SIL-FZ8-10-11-ZY9388.cfm?&pag=7

And this thread:
http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/67-a.html

Last edited:
C

calscrazy

with just a slip-on, no pc, and a k&n air filter does anyone's exhaust NOT pop on decel.

please don't start the full on debate/info overload on decel popping just a simple "i have xxx and it doesn't"

thanks

Speedo007

Even the stock exhausts pops a bit on decel (just don't hear it much because it's quieter)...so I doubt you'll find a slip-on that doesn't pop at all.
With the Yoshi all I can say is it pops 50% less with baffle in compared to unrestricted, though it still pops.

C

Camo

So did anyone get the Yoshi R-77? Wouldn't it make more sense to get the exhaust AND the header pipe?
No it makes more dollars hahaha!
If you have a couple of grand to throw at it, sure! But a slip on is a more cost effective way to change the sound/look with a very minor lift in hp