Exhaust Manufacturers

Speedo007

i can't help but notice the bend in the akrapovic full system headers is very different than stock, i wonder why that is?

The full exhaust system above was for a K1300S (didnt find a picture of the full system with carbon fiber for the FZ8). Bend might be slightly different though as header shape can affect performance...but that picture of the full system above is not accurate for the headers.

Speedo007

Just asked my Yamaha dealer for the Akrapovic slip-on...730$...
I think I'll have to order it from the US for 550$ if I do decide to order it...

he can do a lot better then $730 trust me my friend works parts at a yamaha dealer here in ontario and there is a pretty good mark up on the exhaust from them i bet if you go in and try and bargin with him you can get a better price out of him... hell you just bought a brand new bike off of him get them to do something a little better for ya!!!

lothodon

Super Moderator
i'll be doing the same with my dealer as well. they BEGGED me to come to them and give them the chance to sell me accessories so i'll do just that.

knowing the online prices will help of course as you've got a good idea about markup.

i understand the point of the mark up but sometimes i think they try to get away with way to much.. after you buy a brand new bike you think they would make more of an effort to keep you coming back in ... with the internet these days its way to easy to find cheaper prices in a mater of minutes ... i told the dealer i want better prices on some riding gear when it came time or else i wasnt coming back!!!

Speedo007

My dealer prefered losing the sale on the Akra exhaust then matching a price I could get on the web (and on the web, shipping was free and I was saving a tax on top of that cause it was from another province). He even told me his cost, and he was still making 20$ if he agreed to match the web price. I mean it's not much on a 600$ item, but still, I'd prefer making the sale for 20$ then losing the customer to the competition...oh well, they won't say I didnt give em a chance. I like to encourage local business as much as possible, hate getting screwed though. Heck if I was a dealer and someone just bought me a bike, I'd sell a part without profit instead of sending the customer to the competition (not on all accessories, but I bought for around 1000$ in accessories already and they did make money on that)

Last edited:

Speedo007

wow great price! What sucks is thatour money is now equal to the US$ but we still pay everything more then you guys do.

Speedo007

With international shipping, plus custom fees, taxes, I'd end up paying more then buying it in Ontario with free shipping. Thats what sucks, even if I see better prices in the US, by the time it gets here with all the fees and taxes, we end up paying the same as in Canada, at best.

lothodon

Super Moderator
heard of the company, but haven't ever seen their stuff in person. i do like the way it tapers from the pipe to the end though.

i kinda like the white black and red fz also.... did you notice .. im not even sure what you would call it but they attach to gas tank and go around the rad!!! think it looks pretty good!!!

ixil i couldnt find it on the website but found it from this store i think its the nicest one so far!!!

http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/IXIL_Exhausts--category--33.html

http://www.779cc.org/gallery/showph...-silencer-yamaha-fz1-fazer-0610-25214&cat=503

Last edited:

Speedo007

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-sWA-Dmh9A]YouTube - Yamaha FZ8 Graves Sport exhaust sound.[/ame]
This sounds great, if only they had an all black version...