Exhaust Manufacturers

mano1192

Two Brothers Exhaust - Black Series

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/by3QO2W18ik?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

i really like the sound of the two brothers... sold the ninja today so i am going to put my order in on monday i think i am going to go with the two brothers black series sacrifice a bit of looks for a better sound and save a little extra dough doing it!

Speedo007

The carbon one would just look PERFECT on the FZ8. Only thing is I've heard Yoshimura are known to be very LOUD.

Looked at the dyno results, I think the Akrapovic does a better job at addressing the 5k power dip...

Last edited:

trixster8

So I contacted Yoshimura with a couple questions I had about their FZ8 pipes. Here's my message to them:

"Hi, I've been looking at your exhaust options for my 2011 Yamaha FZ8 and have a couple questions. First, which muffler has a louder exhaust note, the R-77 or R-77D? From what I can see in the pictures, the R-77D looks shorter. Do you have the dimensions for each
muffler? Thanks for your help."

And their response:

"
@ 5000 rpm------OEM-91.9dB ------- R77 w/insert-99.8dB ------- R77 open-102dB

They are both 12" long for your application. We did not sound test the
R77D but typically they sound about the same as the regular R77 with the
sound insert

Thank You,

Nathan A.
Yoshimura R&D of America"

Not bad for a Yoshimura exhaust. I did read in my SSB magazine that the Yosh R-77 pipes were designed to meet the EPA noise emission requirements of 80dB. Clearly the above statement from Yosh shows that they're well over 80, but so is the stock muffler, but thats at 5Krpm. Anyway, I think this sold me on getting a Yosh R-77 carbon.

Last edited:

haha oh im sure you would lol that would only be like a 300 dollar loss haha but if i decide to sell it for 200 you will be the first to know lol

Speedo007

Seriously Im quite happy with the stock one...only thing I'd really like is get rid of that 0-60km/h lack of torque...I think the full Akra system would fix this, but then I'd probably get a ticket for it around here...might just change sprockets to address that.

im sure with the DBkiller you could ride ticket free (well it wont help with speeding tickets) i do find it does need some bottom end torque ... mind you im sure i could help the bike out and go on a diet

Speedo007

Yeah funny thing is I sold my Speed Triple 2 years ago, cause I knew it was a matter of time before I lost my license (got caught 3km/h short of getting my license suspended for 7 days...and I was in first gear...they juts caught me in full acceleration). The FZ8 has less power, and it sometimes makes things worse, as sound and torque start getting interesting when you're already way above speed limits in the city. With the SPeed Triple you'd just wheelie yourself to 2nd gear and get that huge torque right from the get go. Not even thinking of power wheeling with the FZ8...for now that is :p So I think having that lack of torque down low is just making things worse for me I just rev it high and enjoy that air intake sound and growling...