Exhaust Manufacturers

inksfz8

new exhaust

I put on a vance & hince can and gutted out my cat. I am trying to put a video on here but my computer is not working with me right now. After I gutted the cat and put on the can it had a lot of popping in the exhaust, so I put on the AGG smog plates and it took out almost all of it. The next step I am going to do is put on a power commander and that will take out the rest of the popping.

EZ RIDER

I was considering a Dan Moto exhaust for my bike. If anyone has one on there bike I would love to hear some feedback.

lyric911

I was considering a Dan Moto exhaust for my bike. If anyone has one on there bike I would love to hear some feedback.

I got the conical GP one. Love it, except the strap.

kurtmorauer

scorpion exhaust

i know scorpion exhaust makes several different options for the fz8. I plan on getting one in the next month or so. check out thefind.com and type in 2011 yamaha fz8. it looks at all the sites on the web to find what u need. anyone able to take out the cat inthe stock pipe?

lyric911

i know scorpion exhaust makes several different options for the fz8. I plan on getting one in the next month or so. check out thefind.com and type in 2011 yamaha fz8. it looks at all the sites on the web to find what u need. anyone able to take out the cat inthe stock pipe?

IIRC, Dr Doom did, and a handful of others. I might tackle it this afternoon.

AcidRaiN

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but I've seen it done on cruisers. Is there a way to black out the pipes? Cermanic coating or powder coating? Anything besides exhaust wrap?

Thanks!

MojoRisin

No problems if you like getting a headache on long rides hehe

As for the catalyzer I just think on the R6 it's probably reducing the sound compared to what you'd get on the FZ8 (as theirs a second catalyser in the stock exhaust which is why the catalyser that's left on the Fz8 with exhaust removed is smaller).

You might one to take a look at this one:
exhaust YAMAHA FZ8 Double silencers ZY9388 IXRace 2010-2011

And this thread:
EXHAUST - Yamaha FZ8 Forums - International FZ8 Motorcycle Community Forum

HOLY CRAP! Did anyone get this exhaust? If so how's it sound? I love this look, if it has a good sound this is the one I've been looking for.

Panther

Yoshimura R77 Carbon

Hey there,
Fitted Yoshimura R77 muffler and mid-pipe to my Fazer8. Had to remove springs to adjust orientation to fit to custom exhaust hanger I ordered from R&G Racing. Removed rear footrests, etc. to make even lighter. Replaced rear-seat with seat cowl/cover. I can say to all that the hadling has significantly improved due to carrying about 7+ lbs less weight at rear. The sound is phenomenal and the flat spot around 6,000 disappeared. Bike is more balanced at slow speeds too. The "back-chatter" when deccelerating down the gears is beautiful especially with dB-Killer out! Best mod I ever made - the sound, power, handling, weight, balance and even MPG all better. Akrapovic is all too common over here in UK now and decided on something a little unique but just as high quality!

Here are some pics:

vargon09

Okay so I've looked all through this thread and I have a killer deal on a black series two brothers (carbon) .. but all of you have so many different opinions on exhaust.. does anyone prefer the two brothers? The yoshi sounds a bit "tuner" for me where as the two brothers sounds a little more raw and deeper, which is what I like. Any feedback specifically about the two brothers?

Speedo007

Two brothers:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by3QO2W18ik]WP_000376.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Yoshi R77:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEhFM8KBO8&feature=related]FZ8 Yoshimura Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Really I think the way videos are recorded will make a bigger difference then anything else. If you have a deal on the Two Brothers I'd probably go with those, otherwise I really think both are pretty much equivalent and its just a matter of aesthetic preferences.

Here's a test I made with Yoshi sound from on the bike (If I remember well baffle was in):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUvMG57Bk8]TEST - GoPro Hero2 HD test with digital audio recorder - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Speedo007

Really I don't think you could be disappointed with either exhaust for sound (videos can make great exhausts sound like crap sometimes depending of microphone, angle, if its shot in a garage or outside, etc...). None of them will make a huge difference on HP unless you buy the headers too. So really just buy the one you think looks best and fits your budget. I'm pretty happy with my ceramic coated R77 stainless (now all black) :)