Affordable HID Retrofitting Services!!

SeñorJack

El Guapo
alright I FINALLY sent out my headlight to be retro fitted. I am ready for this!

While it's out in PA with Rabbitman I am going to stick some Stingerz LEDs in the vents in the rear, took off my chain gaurd and sprocket gaurd (i am testing out a theory that you dont need to lube an o-ring chain so i wont need them right?), throw in some new grips, gonna lube up everything that can be lubed (except my oring chain), and I think I may lose my mirrors for a while until I order the rizoma spy q mirrors.

I also had this idea to cut out the center of the sprocket gaurd so you can see it, but it still holds back the wires.

i am pumped to get some work done on my bike while my lamo is getting pimped

Evan

Hey Rabbitman

Have you or any of your customers experienced post-retrofit, condensation buildup in the light housing due to the nature of this install? I don't doubt your work at all, just want to know what precautions you take to ensure the seal is complete and that no moisture can enter the housing during or post install.

Thanks!

PS I'm from Harrisburg. VERY interested in your services. :tup:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Hey Rabbitman

Have you or any of your customers experienced post-retrofit, condensation buildup in the light housing due to the nature of this install? I don't doubt your work at all, just want to know what precautions you take to ensure the seal is complete and that no moisture can enter the housing during or post install.

Thanks!

I have one customer who is struggling with condensation. It generally doesn't happen. He is thinking of sending the light to me to fix it, but honestly, I usually don't have this problem. If it becomes a problem, I can use a little extra sealant to close up the headlight, and the solution will be fixed. I would fix anyone's issue free of charge (plus shipping of course)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Hey Rabbitman

Thanks!

I have never had thia issue, but it makes sense. water leaks in, lamp gets hot. I ride my bike year round in every weather you can imagine (minus hurricanes and tornados, I gotta draw the line somewhere right?) and the stock headlight has been good. I will make sure and test it thoroughly for you guys :D

TallGuyNW

I have never had thia issue, but it makes sense. water leaks in, lamp gets hot. I ride my bike year round in every weather you can imagine (minus hurricanes and tornados, I gotta draw the line somewhere right?) and the stock headlight has been good. I will make sure and test it thoroughly for you guys :D

Since your profile says you're near Sacramento, I'm thinking your "every weather you can imagine" really means riding in some fog in the winter, and hot cloudless days the rest of the year :)

(just pullin' your leg mate - I was born and raised in CA too)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
haha i bought this bike to cross the usa mexico border twice a day. ¿Porque piensas que mi nombre aqui es SeñorJack? I have ridden through no less than 5 earthquakes and their tremors (feel free to google it- mexicali), dust storms where you cant see more than ten feet in front of you. I rode it home this winter through the grapevine up I5 in snow (from mexicali to woodland ca) and rain, and up to the snow in placerville. In the summer I rode it in 120 degree plus weather, that was a blast. And my newest addition is hail! I was riding up the 99 from visalia to sac and there was a craaazy hail storm. well, not midwest crazy, but it still broke a few windshields. And this is just on this bike which I havent had for a year. My 92 kz1000p is a whole other story :) I guess I have yet to ride it on ice, like frozen tundra or something. maybe some spiked tires this winter? :D

But ya, sacramento isn't where the worst of it happens, its just where I park her these days :)

cambo

Avid Rider
Earthquake list for map centered at 33°N,115°W

this is the location for mexicali. this is just in 2013. I havent ridden through any of those, but those are all pretty small. After a while you dont feel those.

I was riding with my wife in mexicali on easterday in 2010 I believe and there was an earthquake that was similar in force to haiti I believe. que loco...

haha, you my friend, need to start vlogging so we can see some of these crazy rides!!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Have you seen what is new with AHR?

SeñorJack

El Guapo
maybe not, but neither is a good chunk of my bike. if you arent giving cops a reason to pull you over they dont. I get waves from other cop bikes right now, and I have a handheld LED, ziptied to my fork, followed by only the motodynamic in the rear, and a vertically mounted plate. I take my 8 and go riding with my friend who has an fz1 and is a motorcycle cop for San Jose PD. He also sold me a sweeeeet 92 kawi kz1000p, but i digress :)

an option I could do is run the stingers as turn signal only. But I know red glow kits aren't illegal.