Windscreens for long trips

JRunner

I just installed my racescreen with the long awaited hksg mount. I was the first guy who had this on order but i bet they ordered extra because it seems the OP got his too, just as fast as.me.

So far i havent gone for a ride but it looks good imo. I know the talk about these are naked bikes and all that, but I seriously think it complements the bike well. The only thing i dont like is how the collair of the top fork doesnt allow the collar of the mount to sit flush. Therefore there is potential for the mount to move forward, mount would roll forward so to speak, out of position. I tightened these bolts pretty tight but affraid to go too much and break the mount.

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Did you test the Speed screen with the vario lip on the top and if so what were the results?

Yes i did, to me it didn't do much other than cause noise. No matter how i adjusted it it didn't do any more than with the Speedscreen alone. The Racescreen is hands down the best for wind deflection and quietness.

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Last edited:

bobbyb

kit?

I had a reply from T'd throttle. they have the race screen in stock , just wanted to clarify the kit needed for an "8". their site says mra hksg needed.
B

lyric911

Just ordered the racescreen and the hksg mount. They have 5 such mounts coming in on 5/23. 4 of them (after my order) are now spoken for.

Last edited:

bobbyb

race screen

Ordered mine last week. Coming @ the end of may as stated in above message. Travelling to Minneapolis this summer,
B