Windscreens for long trips

Black Widow

Avid Rider
What model # is the tail bag in post #29 Widow? where from Cost$
B

Not sure of the model #( OGIO), bought it from local Yamaha shop, i think it was $89 Canadian. I looked online on the OGIO site it is style #110091 Tail Bag,$74.99 US

Last edited:

lyric911

My racescreen and mount kit came in today. I took a small test drive around the neighborhood. Tomorrow I'll be able to hit the interstate. Pleased so far.

Skiman

I know this topic hasn't been touched upon in a bit, but thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Installed the MRA Race Screen over the weekend as I do a fair amount of distance riding and what a difference it makes. While it initially seemed very large when I installed it, I quickly realized the benefits. Easily adjusts and can be removed , just need to remember to carry 4mm allen and a 14mm box wrench (both of which are in my roadside kit). Ordered it through the folks at Twisted Throttle (very helpful over the phone as I had a few questions and within 3 days had it in hands).

SeñorJack

El Guapo
i cant help but wonder, why not get a sport tourer and strip it down for the twisties, as opposed to trying to make an fz8 a sport tourer. just thinking out loud. Haha I mean all the money spent making the 8 a track bike, or a sport tourer, its almost a monthly payment for me getting it track ready haha. i figure with all these bags and windscreens someone must have considered two bikes instead... :2cents:

Skiman

i cant help but wonder, why not get a sport tourer and strip it down for the twisties, as opposed to trying to make an fz8 a sport tourer. just thinking out loud. Haha I mean all the money spent making the 8 a track bike, or a sport tourer, its almost a monthly payment for me getting it track ready haha. i figure with all these bags and windscreens someone must have considered two bikes instead... :2cents:

I certainly hear what your saying, and 10 yrs ago I would have totally agreed. I just got rid of my FJ1200 which was a great sport tourer but it was very heavy and had more power than I ever used (as age creeps up on you, you'll find that speed and weight become real issues). So....as a alternative I found the FZ8 comfortable, relatively light weight, still very torquey and just plain fun to ride. I fiqure that the screen will come off for day rides but the 3-500 milers will see the screen. While I did look at a new sport tourer, I just wasn't up for spending 11, 12 or 13K when I got out the door for under 8K with a new 2012. I've got another $400 in accessories, so I'm still well ahead of the game.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I certainly hear what your saying, and 10 yrs ago I would have totally agreed. I just got rid of my FJ1200 which was a great sport tourer but it was very heavy and had more power than I ever used (as age creeps up on you, you'll find that speed and weight become real issues). So....as a alternative I found the FZ8 comfortable, relatively light weight, still very torquey and just plain fun to ride. I fiqure that the screen will come off for day rides but the 3-500 milers will see the screen. While I did look at a new sport tourer, I just wasn't up for spending 11, 12 or 13K when I got out the door for under 8K with a new 2012. I've got another $400 in accessories, so I'm still well ahead of the game.
Well then that is a really good reason to have the 8! i guess I shouldnt assume everyone on an 8 wants to wheelie all day...

I see what you are saying, my goal is to have 3 bikes, a track girl, a tourer,and a stunter/hooligan machine.

I sure you can guess which one the 8 is. I'll give you a hint, I go through 3 rears to every on front tire on the 8 ;)

Skiman

Senor Jack...... I like you, wanted a bunch of different types of bikes, and I still do have several. TW200 for knocking around locally on and an XS360 that's getting worked over for a cafe (it's been a slow go when time allows) so.....I get it. Times and needs change and the FZ8 will be the tourer now.

DanS

Commuter
I have the Givi... Looks better on the workbench than on the bike. Does it make a difference? maybe a little but not much.

MotoZen

I have the Givi... Looks better on the workbench than on the bike. Does it make a difference? maybe a little but not much.

Is that the black version or the smoke? If it's the black version and you don't want it, I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

MotoZen

Why not get the fazer 8! It is exactly what people are describing. Fz8 + mini sport tourer!

It's not offered in the states, unfortunately. There are a lot of nice bikes that we don't get on this side of the pond.

DanS

Commuter
Is that the black version or the smoke? If it's the black version and you don't want it, I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

I still have it and I will probably never use it. A rattle can of black plasti-dip or krylon might take care of the smoke issue. Send me a message if you're interested.

jyyym

trouble

Hi Guys,

I just bought the MRA.HKSG (straight bars) to mount my MRA.RNB but it seems to be missing the gold spacers that are part of the HKSD seen in the last post of the first page, seems there is no way I can install the fasteners without the spacers without damaging something, what am I missing???

Thanks!!

JyYyM