What did you pay for your Yamaha FZ8

AnthonyFG

I am in process of talking to a dealer to get a FZ8, He says it is the demo model 2012 with less than 100 miles and its $9k OTD. Does this seem high? It is California but should I demand a 5 year warranty and a nice helmet and maybe a jacket and stuff?

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I am in process of talking to a dealer to get a FZ8, He says it is the demo model 2012 with less than 100 miles and its $9k OTD. Does this seem high? It is California but should I demand a 5 year warranty and a nice helmet and maybe a jacket and stuff?

I'd shop around. That doesn't seem like a good deal at all.

reALIGNed

Bought mine new(2012, non demo), $7699.00, plus $500.00 cash back, free oem center stand, and a free pair of Oakley Gas Can sunglasses (for test drive promo).

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

$10990 AUD for a 2011 run out 0 kms on the clock 3 months ago. Still havent hit 1000kms for first service :(

Fizzer8

Just traded my yzfr125 in for one, just love the "brutal beauty" of the FZ8. I pick her up next monday, so I'm in the process of squeezing what I can out of the yzfr125 with some farewell twisty rides. I have used the 125 for mammoth rides 440 miles in a day being the longest. It is becuase of these long distance rides which made me want to trade up. I have only been driving geared bikes since nov '11 and i absoltely love it. Can't wait to pick her up now.

didn't care that much about price as i just wanted one.

It was hard to get hold of the gloss black at the dealers which I approached, but i managed to get one.

I paid £6600 (£2500 trade in + £4100 cash) on the road, with a centre stand fitted and first 3 services, included.

Last edited:

rysyndrome

It was hard to get hold of the gloss black at the dealers which I approached, but i managed to get one.

I paid £6600 (£2500 trade in + £4100 cash) on the road, with a centre stand fitted and first 3 services, included.

Congrats, its a great bike. Let the modding begin, lol.

n00b

Avid Rider
Just bought a 2012 FZ8 last week from a yamaha dealer in Maryland for $6300. After taxes, tags, destination charge, dealer fees, etc... paid $7600 out the door. I was not looking for a new bike (it's my first), but felt like too good a deal to pass up.
The bike is way more capable than me, so I'll be taking it easy for a quite a while. Feels very nice so far

Nice one Fizzer....I've done a few mods on mine since getting her in April this year.

Got rid of the number plate meccano kit and replaced it with a R&G tail tidy, £35 from ebay and fitted a chrome rad cover, £59 from ebay. Added a tank pad though not a FZ one just says Yamaha. Got some bar end mirrors to fit but need to change the bar ends as the mirrors wont fit the stock ones. The stock mirrors are great for looking at your elbows lol !!

Thinking of bunging on a Yoshimura can but it's pretty expensive just make it sound better !

I've attached some pics of my bike, hopefully you can see them.

cheers, Daz from Leicester.

Last edited: