What did you do to your FZ8 today?

Black Widow

Avid Rider
What is that ribbed thing just below your crankshaft cover? My bike doesn't have that.

ABS module.

jess24845030

First oil and filter change (reached the magical 1000km mark sometime during the week)

Also installed the new exhaust hanger and removed the pillion foot pegs on the other side.

I still need to get the lower farings, fender eliminator & LED indicators installed.THEN THAT IS IT! ...for a while at least.

Hope this goes right not sure about this quote stuff infact computers are not my strong point , have actually just asked about the rear pegs on a thread seconds ago have you any pictures of how it looks now.

RebelRider

What did you do to your fz8..

Installed Rincon sliders and real spools. Those risers look good. I am 5'7 so they might be just what I need..I wonder how mad she will get...I mean..it's just 1 mod right? lol..

SpunkyTheTuna

Installed Rincon sliders and real spools. Those risers look good. I am 5'7 so they might be just what I need..I wonder how mad she will get...I mean..it's just 1 mod right? lol..

Well, mods are kinda like tattoos: first you have just one, then a couple, then a few, and sooner or later you're back to having just the one, but it's got some blank spots in it, and then it's just one with no blank spots at all.

MojoRisin

What's wrong with it?

The engine was making a noise, like something rubbing. It was loudest on a cold start up. You could hear it when you accelerated. Pull in the clutch and you could hear it slow down and stop. They replaced some bearings and I was supposed to pick it up this past Monday but they called and said they found something else and are changing it just to be safe. But like I said at this point I don't really care any more. I just want to get it back so I can sell it. I found a nice used 600 gsxr I'm thinking about buying.

Harrywz

Well, I did re-install the stock can. Wanted to see the difference between the stock and my Danmoto can and then see the difference when I get my Yoshi next week. Funny thing is the only difference I noticed was the sound, performance was about the same.

Got my Yoshi and installed graves frame sliders. Also have my Puig double bubble dark tint windshield on order.

kjonas75

Finally received the Power Commander V, and Installed in approx an hour and it's a piece of cake.
Bike runs a little smoother and no more flat spot between 5K and 6K rpm.
Also seems to go up in revs quicker and less vibration.
I may take it for a Dyno run to make sure it's not too lean anywhere.

Wasn't sure if I should disable the AIS so left it.

lyric911

Finally received the Power Commander V, and Installed in approx an hour and it's a piece of cake.
Bike runs a little smoother and no more flat spot between 5K and 6K rpm.
Also seems to go up in revs quicker and less vibration.
I may take it for a Dyno run to make sure it's not too lean anywhere.

Wasn't sure if I should disable the AIS so left it.

You only need to disable AIS if you install the autotune or get a dyno tune. It messes up O2 sensor readings.

D

Deleted member 438

I upgraded to a Danmoto carbon slip on. Did it last night, but it's within 24hr, so I think it's an appropriate post.

Larry P

Installed a renthal ultra-low street bar. Eliminated nearly all vibration from the motor. Will add pics later!