Wearing pants anyone?

K-Gr.

Whoever considers wearing jeans on a bike did not had a slide...
You could as well ride with no pants at all. Jeans will be gone after less then 1 meter and then it is your skin that rubs the tarmac. Have fun with that...

C

Camo

Been there and done that...I swear by Draggin jeans for everyday riding. Feel and look just like jeans or cargo pants but are lined with kevlar. You can now put CE approved armour in the new gear.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I picked up some of these a couple of days ago. Pretty good deal on some Xelements.

Xelement Black Tri-Tex Pants with Reflective Piping

packnrat

i put on all the funky stuff for every ride.
helmet all the way down to boots. :eek:

sometimes a short ride turns into a all day ride. :D

mckshred

leatherup.com is also another site that is selling pants cheap. I just picked up some Xelement Men's Cordura Motorcycle Racing Pants. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll update my post and let everyone know how they look / feel. (Not work) :)

Update: I switched to the Xelement Leather Racing Pants ($99). My normal jean size, 34 is too small; 36 = still a little too snug. moving up to the 38. Report to follow.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

leatherup.com is also another site that is selling pants cheap. I just picked up some Xelement Men's Cordura Motorcycle Racing Pants. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll update my post and let everyone know how they work.

You don't need to fall off just for us :D:D

MojoRisin

leatherup.com is also another site that is selling pants cheap. I just picked up some Xelement Men's Cordura Motorcycle Racing Pants. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll update my post and let everyone know how they work.

Yep I get most of my online stuff there too. Got a great deal on a leather jacket $285 reg paid $85.
I got the Xelement pants & coat for winter and rain. They both have removable linings and armour. I was on the fence about wearing it when I first started riding. Heck for the 1st 2 months I wore shorts, t shirts & sneakers. Then I met a fella at a safety course that described a slide he took in such deatil, the road shreaded his gloves then the palms of his hands untill he couldn't take it any more and went to his elbows then finally his back. and yeah he has the scars to show for it. Said it wasn't even that bad of a wreck. Made up my mind right then and there.

Last edited:

impostor1981

This is what I am wearing if I go for a coffee of to the pub or just wondering around town.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I put just loose fit jeans over it.

There is matching upper body armour for it and I just put hoodie over it.

I dont like to put full leathers if I only go to meet up with friends.

And I think jeans trousers and leather jacket or hoodie look really cool on street fighter.

H

Hoover

This is what I am wearing if I go for a coffee of to the pub or just wondering around town.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I put just loose fit jeans over it.

There is matching upper body armour for it and I just put hoodie over it.

I dont like to put full leathers if I only go to meet up with friends.

And I think jeans trousers and leather jacket or hoodie look really cool on street fighter.

I like those.
Hoodies and West Coast MA1A's all the way on fighters mate!!

The original West Coast that is ;)

hypo

Hypo, unfortunately tested some Dickey's pants, with little very little damage.

yep. but I took the flip instead of the slide exit...

Walmart.com: Dickies - Men's Utility Jeans, 2 Pack Value Bundle: Men

"Featuring durable cotton denim put together with triple-stitched seams, these utility blue jeans are crafted to last. Traditional workpant styling includes hammer loops and generous, functional pockets. It's quality you can count on from the company that's been outfitting American tradesmen since 1922."

Product Details:
•Men's professional grade utility jeans
•Belt loops wide enough for a utility belt
•Wide legs fit over work boots
•Heavyweight cotton fabric

matt73

I'm with you Camo. I've been wearing Draggin for a few years now. Have a summer pair and a winter pair a size bigger so I can fit the thermals underneath. No rash and thankfully no slides yet either. I watched the vid of the bloke being dragged on his arse and thought thats good advertising. By the way, Australia has some really good wine. I'm drinking some right now. Cheers.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I ordered up some Draggin' Jeans, will report back with comfort review when i get them. I like to ride in jeans when it is warm enough so these sound good to me. I also ordered a pair of under jean shorts:eek: with some padding in the hip and thigh area.

C

Camo

I ordered up some Draggin' Jeans, will report back with comfort review when i get them. I like to ride in jeans when it is warm enough so these sound good to me. I also ordered a pair of under jean shorts:eek: with some padding in the hip and thigh area.
I'm wearing the black cargo's and have had them for two years maybe? They have stretched a little in the waist but aside from that, they have worn well and have always been comfortable.
Draggin are the best on the market as far as quality/comfort and value for money go.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Well i tried out my new Draggin' Jeans(classic style), and my new Bohn under jean armour pants. The jeans fit right over the under armour and both are very comfy used together. Glad to ride in jeans now with knee,hip,thigh,tailbone protection with the Bohn under jean pants. My regular Wrangler jeans also fit perfectly over the under armour pants. The pads in the Bohn under pants stay in place and the pants breath fairly well, although it was only 8*c when i went out :eek:.

RangerG

I have a pair of Shift kevlar jeans. No different feeling then regular jeans but will protect much better if I ever fall off. Not a big fan of the styling of them but then I'm over 50 and still like things the old way.:tup:

Wieb27

I also wear just jeans when riding.

I can however say that it's a great idea to wear more leg protection. I'm a firefighter/EMT and went on a call last year for a kid that crashed trying to avoid a deer (he had jeans on). Upon arrival it looked like he was wearing shorts as he ground off his jeans on both legs from the knees down. The worst part was he also ground off all the skin on his knees exposing his patellas (knee caps)!

Wear your gear!

Speedo007

Cortech CPX Cargo Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

I bought 2 pairs of these (in black and beige) a while back they were on sale for 45$. Very rugged construction. They are thick though so no super comfortable in temperatures above 25C. I can wear them when it's 10C outside.

Also have a pair of Shift Torque jeans, but those feel less protective, it's the minimal I wear when riding, but usually unless it's really super hot outside I wear my complete Rukka suit with Alpinestar back protector. Back is often neglected and is often where the most serious damage can happen...

These Rukka suits are expensive, but I've put about 100000km on mine and it's still in decent shape, I'm just starting to look for a new one. They are waterproof and they simply fit like a glove.

Last edited: