Wearing pants anyone?

hypo

I never go out without a helmet, armored jacket, boots and gloves... however, I do wear my regular, comfy 501 blues out there. I've seen some riding pants/jeans with armor or special skins on motorcycle-superstore, just never thought much about it.

Other than track days, does anyone wear leathers? anyone wear the dragonskin jeans or that under-the-pants-armor-stuff?

Bohn Body Armor - webBikeWorld

Draggin Jeans - webBikeWorld

Last edited:

RedarT

I wear just my jeans as well, but i think knee protectors under the jeans would be a nice idea. Wearing leather pants for everyday use is too much imho.

SpunkyTheTuna

Had some leather bibs I wore when touring, but for everyday that always seemed a little kinky. I wear jeans mostly, but I'm not satisfied with that. Just haven't found anything else that blends into my everyday environment.

daniel327

I have several pairs of Draggin jeans, which I wear alot.

The only problem is that the Kevlar is a bit rough on the skin (the Kevlar lining isn't covered with cotton, is just exposed on the inside of the jeans).

Therefore, I wear a pair of bike pants (tight fitting pushbike type) under my Draggins to stop chaffing.

hypo

I ordered some AGV SPort - Telluride H2O vented pants, should have them next week for a try out. I still have my leather chaps from when I had a cruiser, but those will probably get sold/retired/given away, and if these Tellurides don't do the trick, I'll probably check out the Draggin Jeans.

-100% 600-D polyester strengthened woven textile pant for durability and comfort

-Knee area and the inside of the lower leg area are reinforced with highly abrasion resistant ballistic nylon

-Removable waterproof and breathable Reissa liner zips in over a permanent mesh lining

-Removable quilted and warm liner zips in over a Reissa waterproof liner

-Zip open air vents are positioned on the front and rear of each leg

-CE approved knee pads

-10mm thick memory foam hips and lower back pad

-Heavy duty seam construction for maximum tear resistance

-Adjustable Velcro waist tabs

-Waist connection zipper for jacket attachment

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Around town or on short blasts, I wear good quality (Levi or Wrangler) jeans, but on a long ride or a thrash through the countryside, I have a set of 2 piece leathers and Sidi boots.

C

calscrazy

usual gear, levi's, oxtar's around town. i have a 2pc i wear on long trips and 1pc for occasional track day. i have a touring pair of boots and just replaced my trashed a-stars with some sedici's from cycle gear. so far they have been good but time will tell.

had 2pc on when i u went past me in h/c. offers alot of protection but a little more comfortable.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i've tried SO hard to find pants (leather w/armor) for those "disregard the speed limit" rides that i take on occasion but have NEVER found any that fit right. 6'4" and skinny doesn't help.

i'm going to be getting some under jeans "shorts" that icon makes for those rides soon.

C

calscrazy

I had the same problem with sizing. I am much shorter. Lucky for me i got as close as i could then took them down to a place where they do custom leathers for the harley guys and had them altered. Very happy with them now.

Speedo007

I bought a pair of each color of these:
Cortech by Tour Master CPX Textile Cargo Pants :: MotorcycleGear.com

They are wateresistant cause they have a membrane inside so in very hot weather it's not ideal, but otherwise under 25C, its very comfortable and Im 6'1" long legs and these pants are long enough for when sitting on the bike. Kevlar all over the place inside, so I'd think they offer decent abrasion protection, they are very thick and rugged.

On long trips I have the Rukka suit:
Rukka - ARMADILLO Trousers
Comfortable, breathable, 100% waterproof.

Also bought a pair of these:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/17963/ITEM/Shift-Racing-Torque-Jeans---2010.aspx

More compromise on safety for the looks when you go out to the restaurant or something, better then standard jeans.

Last edited:
C

Camo

I just recently bought a pair of Icon Arc textile pants.
They come with some hearty knee pads that I've taken out for my everyday commute because they were a touch heavy. I may reconsider when heading down the twisties but probably not.
They're comfy and fit a bit loose but I like them that way. I also wear Draggin cargo pants.
I've never really dragged a knee so leathers haven't been needed yet... though I'm going to do some track days/rider training early next year and have been eyeing off these Joe Rocket leathers.

I still believe that these are my best investment

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I recently bought a pair of Starrider fully lined kevlar jeans.I was wearing normal jeans when I crashed last year................NOT good,lol

C

calscrazy

not sure about everywhere else but here if you do a trackday whether it be ridesmart, lone star trackdays, or AMS full leathers are a requirement. i have heard if you go out with a member at MSR, Eagles Canyon or Texas World you can get away with none but everytime i have been it's leathers.

Speedo007

I can't compare to other brands, and haven't crash-tested any of the gear (not complaining about that). All I can say is it's the most comfortable, well fitting suit I've ever tried and ridden in. I've been in apocalyptic storms in it, and it's 100% waterproof, the only place in those storms that sometimes got me a bit wet was around the colar (water running through the helmet and down my neck). Otherwise after 4-years riding 20000km a year, it's starting to show a bit of wear, but it's still perfectly waterproof all day long, you could probably sit in a bathtub for a few hours before feeling humidity. Breathable, though you need to be realistic, if your stuck in traffic and it's 35C outside in a black suit, it's not magical, physics still applies. I have a mesh jacket for when it's very hot.

C

Camo

not sure about everywhere else but here if you do a trackday whether it be ridesmart, lone star trackdays, or AMS full leathers are a requirement. i have heard if you go out with a member at MSR, Eagles Canyon or Texas World you can get away with none but everytime i have been it's leathers.

Yup leathers are a requirement of any track day or rider training on a track here in Australia.
Two piece leathers are legit as long as they connect together or a one piece suit will do the trick.

SpunkyTheTuna

I just got kind of a laugh out of that. Imagining myself buying a one piece riding suit. Gotta be a tie for most humiliating experience, right up there with trying on a wet suit. Some of us don't have bodies for racing suits. OTOH, if somebody makes leathers that look like a penguin.........

ShortstackRN

ICON and Dragon

Hey Hypo, I own both ICON's and Dragon brand pants, both are very comfortable... just like wearing a regular pair of jeans. I really like the flex the ICON pants give above the knees and in the groin. As far as protective... yes I have slid along the ground in the Icon pair and can say they really work.

Texasfz8

I ride in my trusty wranglers with hightop boots, gloves, jacket and helmet. When it was over 100 degrees for like 3 months straight I did take a short ride to the store in shorts, T- shirt, tennis shoes, helmet and gloves and could not relax and the frame about roasted by thighs off. The bad thing is I knew it was not a good idea when I threw my leg over but did it anyway.