Turn Signals: The Good & The Bad

ZeeKdaGreeK

So as of yet, there are no good quality flush mounted turn signals made for the fz8? Preferably blacked out?!! I emails motodynamics and they said they won't be making anything for the fz8.. If anybody finds anything please post or even pm me.. I'm sure the fz8 community as well as myself would be very pleased..

jrocket77

I have the Yamaha led lights front and rear. Was a pain trying to find them had to get them out of Canada from Yamahagenuine parts.com. They are expensive but are better quality than about everything out there except rizoma. Plus they look like they are supposed to be on the bike!! I also installed a taillight from customled.com and ordered one of their turn signal relays which slowed the flash rate. Works perfect!!

n8kdfz8

I have the Yamaha LED blinkers up front and a motodynamic integrated rear tail light. Im very happy with both.
The Yamaha LED's are not available in the US so it takes a couple weeks to get them from the UK and they have a much faster blink rate even with the supplied resistors installed. So you will need a new flasher relay to slow the blink rate.
Also the Yamaha LED's are two wire so you lose the running light function, you will need a blinker genie or similar device if you want running lights.
Yamaha LED Flashers | Yamaha LED Indicators | Yamaha LED Blinkers
2011 2012 Yamaha FZ8 Sequential Integrated Signal LED Tail Light 11 12 Y FZ8 C | eBay
LED Flasher Relay Fast Blinker Fix Plug and Play for Most Motorcycles Elfr 1 | eBay
Blinker Genie Converts 2 Wire LED Blinkers to 3 Wire for Run and Turn Signals | eBay

im so happy you told me where to get these! LOL i could not find them anywhere it was driving me nuts. And now i know why its in UK!

n8kdfz8

Turn signals are a hit or miss when it comes to eBay. I thought about starting this thread to have people post the signals they got and if they're satisfied or not. Please include a link or name of the signals, and a picture in case in the future the link gets broken!

Thank you for starting this thread. This is actually my next mod and i wanted to know what people thought too.

n8kdfz8

So I'll begin

I bought these:
Flush Mount Smoke LED Signals

Rating: 3/10

If you don't care to have visible turn signals in the front, buy these. Overall they look nice but when I turned them on, I could barely see them in normal daylight, and at night they weren't impressive it at all. Even the clear ones weren't that great. What I did like was the mounting of them but that's it.

Then I bought these:

2 Color LED Signals

Rating: 9/10

These things are bada$$! I love them. The blue gives it a nice look at night and catches people's eyes. They are very bright compared to the ones I bought before and am completely satisfied with them. One thing I would like to see in these would have been at least one or two LEDs to be pointed out to the sides to have to be more visible that way but other than that, these things are bright and do their main job! Love them!

Are the blue lights always running?

Marthy

I'm a big fan of the Proton flush mount. I use them front and rear on my FZ-09. I tough someone used them on the FZ8 too. Not cheap but great quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

VDCOFF

I'm not an electrical guy, but I have LED turn signals for my FZ8, not installed yet. Can someone send me a link or point me in the right direction of a relay that is plug and play or how this works? haha

DanS

Commuter
Update: After a year and a half of running the imported $$$ Yamaha mini LED front turn signals~half of the bulbs are dead! Not sealed well enough to keep moisture out. Time for new blinkers.

myklobe

I really wanted these for the looks:

but after looking at pics of them lit up and a YouTube video, I determined that they weren't nearly bright enough.

I ordered these because they appeared to be brighter and I liked the triangle look:

They should be here sometime this week. I'll post pics and impressions of quality and installation.