New Member Welcome Thread!!!

dako81

My name is Brad and you're more likely to find me on your FZ6 sister site Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community where I'm a somewhat established member (I've been around since the site went up). I own a 2007 FZ6 and enjoy motorcycling among other things.

wolfman

Well, looks like there is a few of us FZ6 forum junkies, registering in here...

Me, i am 41, been riding since i was 16, have had a multitude of bikes, everything from a Metric Cruiser, to full Sportsbikes, and now i still own 3 bikes...a Ducati 500 Pantah, and 2 FZ6's, both naked's!

Am looking forward to the new FZ8 being available, it should be an awesome bike if the FZ1, and FZ6 are anything to go by.

:D

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Welcome Jamie! Glad the wolfman made it over! :D You've still got the hottest FZ6 on the forum though. ;) Damien ROCKS!

Spike82

Hi to everyone!
I'm Salvatore, from Italy!

i bought the fz8 a week ago! i loved it since i see it!

this is a foto of my bike

www.minervini.netsons.org/foto.jpg

i'm waiting for some original end aftermarket optional, as soon they will arrive i will post some new pics

Saluti dall'italia a tutti (greatings from italy to everyone) :)

Attachments

• IMAG0215_1.jpg
    IMAG0215_1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0208_1.jpg
    IMAG0208_1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 5

CDN6R

Hello All,,, I am also on the sister site FZ6R-Forum.com. So whay am I here? Honestly to find out more about the FZ8. At this point in time my FZ6R suites me fine but you never know what the future will bring. I think the FZ8 and the FZ8 Fazer look great(especially the white or blue FZ8) and I have been motorcycling for many years. Cheers. Laurence (Laurie) Potter N.S. Canada

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Hi Spike and :welcome:
Your our first member who actually has an FZ8 !
We would love to see more pics and get your views on the bike.

CP.

Hey, another Aussie here! My name's Cameron and I'm a proud FZ6N owner. I'm the marketing manager at a motorcycle store in Sydney, meaning I'm also very poor. I'm 33yo with twin boys 2.5yo.

Been riding since I was 14 on MX bikes, then got my road license at 18yo. I've mainly been riding v-twins; the FZ is my first ever inline bike. Working at the bike store I obviously get plenty of riding in, but always make sure I take 4-8 days every year and do a bike trip with a few mates. It's usually the Great Ocean Road via the Snowys, as the roads in NSW suck.

The FZ8 is a dangerous model for me because my 6 is only a few months old, and upgrade-itus is imminent!

PS is it just me, or does it look like Aussies may be dominating the FZ8 forum as well!!?? Wo!

BostonFZ8

I live in Boston and just had my 08 Suzuki Drz 400sm stolen from in front of my house. I was looking to replace with a new bike, something with a 6 speed transmission. Was at a loss for what to get, until I saw the FZ8. Seemed like every mfg was missing it by either having too small of a bike or too big. This bike seems priced right and a perfect fit, but here is the only problem. My local dealership tells me that it doesn't come out till November. Would like to be the first person in Boston to have one.

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Hello.

My name is Joel. You guys can call me by my name or by my screen name. No matter.

I live in southern California, USA, and hoping to be the first on my block to own a FZ8. I was pretty jealous that it was released to everyone else (countries), expect the US, but I'm glad that's about to change.

Started off with dirt biking when I was young. Went straight to a CBR954RR. That bike was fun until I made the dumb decision of letting my friend ride it, who took it upon himself to destroy it...

Then went to a brand new 07 R6S. Since then, I fell in love with Yamaha. I have to say.. That was the most comfortable sport bike seat my cheeks have ever laid upon. Hahaha.

Paid it off but had to sell it. My job went out of business, and I needed to pay for more important things. Used some of the money to buy a Yamaha (Star) Virago XV250, which is what I currently ride. I regeared it to optimize fuel efficiency. I can almost do 100mi/gal!!

So, now that I have a stable job. I'm hoping to get a FZ8. As always, I look up forums and reviews before actually buying a product. If I do purchase a FZ8, you'll hear me scream for joy this Decemeber when they finally release them. Hahaha.

Aside from motorcycles, I'm studying for a degree in Mechanical Engineering at California State University, Pomona. Another year or two to go.

Hobbies: I love Time Attack racing events. I drive a highly modified Nissan S13 which I've built myself.

Ummm... I'm 5' 8" and weigh..... I'm just kidding.

Looking forward to purchasing this motorcycle and contributing to the forum. :)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
:welcome: Joel and thanks for finding us. We'll be anxious to hear about the fit, finish and performance of the 8 when you get it. Are you pre-ordering one?

Pics of the S13 in the Bar would be great too!

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
I must admit; I am tempted. It only takes $100 deposit to do it. But, I have some uncertainty still lingering. I can't get a solid insurance quote for the bike just yet, so I can't determine how this will fit in my budget. Nor can I talk numbers or financing options, since it has yet to hit the dealership floor. :(

I'll post some pics in the Bar in a minute. I'm actually working on some video footage of my latest event. :D

Thebijmaster

Hey all,

Name is Bijan from the Boston area. I'm a relatively new rider, been riding for about three years on my '98 Suzuki VZ800. Full time student and have a full time job, I tend to keep pretty busy. I work at a hospital lab during the evening and am taking classes for a bachelors in Bio in the mornings and weekends that will hopefully be done at the end of the year bringing my "7 year" program to an end finally. Between home, school, and work I have a fair amount of commuting that has a lot of diversity in road types. I love driving and, after I discovered it, riding as well.

Now that I am approaching an intermediate level of riding I was looking to switch bikes. I do like the cruiser style, lots of shiny chrome and really loud pipes makes me smile while I'm standing still. But I wanted to try something different (I was keeping an especially close eye on cafe racers and streetfighters), and after looking, researching, and sitting on a bunch of different bikes, I met the FZ8. End story.

I currently have a deposit down on one, and waiting for the weather to lighten up so I can pick up my new baby. This will be an enormous change for me in terms of power, riding style, and it will be a brand new 2011! I can't wait.

I'm still a complete newbie in many regards, just so everyone is aware, and may have some questions if something seems unclear to me (I do do research on my own).

And onward,
Bijan

BDazzler

:welcome: Thebijmaster (Bijan). I'm glad you found the FZ8. I'm pretty sure you will love it. I am Troy, I have a 2007 FZ1 and my wife currently has a 2009 Ninja 250R, but I'm trying to lean her toward the FZ8 if she decides to upgrade.:cool:

I got to sit on an FZ8 last week for the first time, and it feels like it will be a great bike. The foot pegs seem to be a bit farther back than my FZ1 and are more comfortable when my feet are down.

I see you work in a hospital lab. My wife is a Med Tech (or Laboratory Scientist). She's been doing that for a very long time. Now she's the Director over the Lab at our hospital.

Keep us posted when you get to bring it home! I expect to see some pictures. What color did you get (blue is the fastest, right, Eric?)... LOL - yes, I know the FZ8 only comes in black in the US :jk:

Classique

Hello everyone,

Name is Erik and I live in Ottawa, Ontario. I am a new rider at 20 years old and have been riding for about one year now. I am a marketing manager of an HVAC company based here in Ontario. In my spare time I enjoy tinkering and working on my current ride.

My first bike is a 1983 Honda CBX550F that I restored and worked on for 8 months before finally getting to ride it. I love the bike but reliability and power has become an issue. The bike has an electrical problem and I plan on fixing it but it just doesn't have the power I'm looking for anymore. It won't be sold as it was only made here in Canada for one year and there aren't many left in showroom condition, but the Yamaha FZ8 is my new lust.

I will be driving down to the U.S. to purchase it in cash in the next 2-3 months as the msrp is $2000 cheaper there. I look forward to posting my feedback once the bike has passed the break in period! :)

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Hi Erik and :welcome:

Nice choice in the FZ8,we will all be looking forward to seeing pics of your new ride and a review .

cheers mate.

LitzerSki

FZ8 in Brooklyn

Greetings all.

My name is Mark, and I just purchased a FZ8. Paid for it on Thursday, got plates (PA registration) Saturday, and hopfully picking it up tomorrow.

Anyways...I'm 29 years old, have been riding since 2005 and this year will finally hit 100,000 miles on 2 wheels. I've been to 44 states via motorcycle, and plan on hitting the final 4 in the lower 48 (KS, OK, NM, AZ) this June. Currently, I also have a 2006 Honda VFR800 that's my main touring bike. The FZ8 will replace the Triumph Thruxton I just sold as my daily use city bike/mid-length tourer. Doubt I'll be able to ride 1250 miles a day on the FZ8 like I can on my VFR, but we'll see :D I have no car, so I ride every day rain or shine as long as there's no snow or ice on the streets.

Hopefully some more of y'all will pull the trigger and buy one. Heck...it's been almost a week since I "bought" insurance and Progressive still has no idea what to charge me.

Mark