New Member Welcome Thread!!!

mweston

I'm Weston. I just picked up my new FZ8 on Thursday. I'm 38 and from small town Ok. I grew up on a farm so i can't actually remember when I started riding. With 3 older brothers we always had dirt bikes and three wheelers and four wheelers. Needless to say i was young. I got my first street bike in 95. New Honda CBR600 F3. I rode that for a while and sold it. Haven't had a bike for just over 10 years. My friend hurt his legs last spring and couldn't ride his bike so I rode it quite a bit last summer. It is a Honda VTX1300. The fire was lit so I was ready to buy a new Yamaha Stryker. My brother-in-law just bought one and my sister bought one too. haha.. So I went online the night before I was going to the dealership and saw the FZ8. I kinda liked it. When I test drove the Stryker I asked about the FZ8. Just so happens the dealership got their first one in that day. It was still in the wood crate wrapped in plastic but they took the sides off so i could see it. I asked if i could ride it. They had it together wetted it up for me the very next day. Needless to say I fell in love. I can't wait to accessorize it and make it my own. I would like to replace the headlight with a round or the euro looking twin spotlight type. get the mirrors on the bar ends and such. I dont know for sure. Waiting on some suggestions and Ideas. I like the experiance that you all offer and cant wait to chat it up. I was going to post some photos but havnt taken any yet..LOL. been riding..

nighthawk

hello

My name is Matt. I like dogs, long walks on the beach, and womenz.

Stopped into the Yam/Kaw dealer a month or so ago after I got back from deployment just to look around. BEHOLD!!! I knoweth not what layeth beforeth my eyes. An FZ8, never heard of it but I was in love. I walked out with it that day. They wouldn't even let me test ride it but it didn't matter. It was love at first sight.

I'm 28 years old. I am in the USAF stationed in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Divorced. 2 kids who live with their mother. I've been riding since 2002.

1992 GS500- (my first bike)
1999 ZRX 1100- (GREAT bike)
2001 R1- (PITA bike)
2000 ZRX 1200- (wanted it again lol)
2006 Harley Night Train- (stationed near Sturgis, South Dakota of course I had to get a Harley. EX wife made me sell it, prolly why she's my ex lol)
2011 FZ8- current bike

My current review of the bike...well, it's glorious. The sexiest bike i've seen/had. I'm 6ft 3in 215 lbs. The only issue I have is my knees ache after about 45 mins. If only there was a way to drop the pegs about an inch or two would make a world of difference. Twisities? It's north dakota the only turns i see are on the on/off ramp to the intererstate lol. Obviouslly wind is an issue but if you are batteling the wind for more than 45 mins take a motrin, drop the speed to 60-65mph and enjoy the ride :) For me this is the perfect bike. I ride 5 miles in town, 15 highway everyday. The only problem is I have about 5 months of riding season up here :-(

My mods? Replaced the dingleberry on the ass with an R&G and the turd on the side with a Two Bros Black CF Series exhaust. ;) SEXY! Future mods? I would like to replace the turn signals but am not going to pay $60 a piece for them so for right now, none.

Nice to meet everyone and great to see how diverse we are :)

Matt

SuprCollidr

Hello all,

My name is Jordan, and I'm new to the FZ8 (purchased in late april) and riding in general (have been riding my dad's BMW f650 since last May). I recently graduated with my master's in Medical Physics, and am preparing to go to Air Force Commissioned Officer Training. I'll then work in base hospitals as a clinical medical physicist.

Just wanted to say hey and offer my thanks for all of the posts regarding FZ8 modifications. I've learned so much, and have already put a bit of work into my bike.

Here's where I stand now:

Removed the fender entirely and replaced the taillight with an LED module (blinkers wired in).
Replaced the enormous mirrors with CNC's.
Replaced the levers with black aluminum shorties w/gold adjusters:

Here's a shot with my brother's CBR after today's ride:

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
nighthawk, i feel your pain my friend. 6'4" myself and the only viable (although pricey) solution would be rearsets. the bad part is it would be that much easier to scrape pegs.

btw, i found 16 led turn signals for $32 shipped. will post pics once they are installed.

suprcollidr, that's one HELL of a resume! and it's always nice to see new fanatics and please post pics, the more the better!!!

welcome to all the new members that i didn't get to single out as well.

asantos

[lang=es]hola a todos

Mi nombre es Alfredo, tengo 42 años, estoy casado desde hace 8 años y tengo un hijo de 6 años.

Vivimos en Asturias, en el norte de España. Trabajo como delineante mecánico desde hace unos 20 años en una empresa de ingeniería de mi ciudad. Ahora es una gran ingeniería considerada entre las "top ten" en mi pais.

Aficiones no tengo muchas, porque no dispongo de demasiado tiempo libre para ello, pero podría destacar algunas como son el acuario marino, la fotografía (adaptando antiguas opticas en cámaras digitales) y quizás la pesca estilo sufcasting en una playa una noche de verano.

Como habrán visto en mi primer post, hoy mismo he comprado mi flamante FZ8 N, en color negro. Ya tengo nervios porque el jueves me la entregan... y hace casi 20 años que no me subo a una motocicleta. Creo que va a ser como la primera vez :D

un saludo
alfredo[/lang]

Last edited:

Künstler

[lang=de]Hi,
My name is Celal...:)
I am biker since 1980.I am 58 years old(young..:).Till today I had many bikes,but mostly from the year 92,93.(TDM850,ZZR600,VFR750,Virago1100..)
I bought a BMW1150RT for long journey in Turkey.Beside BMW I had 1993-ZZR600 for city ride.It was good bike,but for me(Heh he,for my age)it becomes a bit hard,so I gave it to my young brother.And I decided to get a XJ6 Yamaha for city.But after sitting on it,I said:No its small for me,and bought this beautiful FZ8...:)..Its not so soft as my old TDM,and maybe it would be hard for long journey,but its perfect bike in city.First its light (beside my other bike BMW1150,seems like a baby..),agile,and a black beauty.Except cold start problem,seems very good on engine.Its only 230km,so I dont ride hard,over 4500-4000/min.,but below 2000 is a bit weak.I wait till 1000km,later I can test better.

Other than bike,I had as hobby my work.I`m CG artist,build 3d graphics,models,etc...
Here is my link for wiki..:)

Celal Kandemiroglu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am glad to have a bike like FZ8 after long years ride with the others..(I hope Yamaha made and upgraded their job and did a good quality bike-Because,TDM850 had many,many problems..:(...)

I wish you all nice ,dry,weekend...:)

P.S. I want to upload some images from me or my bike,but that URL uplaod makes me creazy..:([/lang]

Baz7583

Hi !

Hi my name is Baz..
I took delivery of my FZ8 on June 17th.
i'm 43 happily married to Caroline, i have 3 children my daughter Harriet 21,two sons Bailey 11 & Connor 9.
I live on the outskirts of London in the UK.
I've been riding for just over 10 years and this is my 5th bike..
First bike was a Sukuki SV 650
then a Ducati Monster
then a 2003 R6 (first yamaha)
then a MT-03 for the last 4 1/2 years
and now my new FZ8....
i'm really pleased with it and have been reading lots all over the forum since just before i got it and decided i should say hello and post a picture of it.
so hello to all..

Last edited: