New Member Welcome Thread!!!

lothodon

Super Moderator
just thought i'd stop in and say hello to everyone.

VERY happy to report that i just ordered a new FZ8 from antigo yamaha in wisconsin. expected delivery date is april 9th!

sold my 03 r1 just a week and a half ago specifically to get the fz8. i was disappointed that it took as long as it did to hit the usa but i sure am glad it finally showed.

i'll be posting pics of my ancient self and my new ride as soon as i get it. looking forward to some great topics on the forum!

welcome to all the new user its nice to see a little more traffic on the forum its awesome!!!! you guys will love your fz8 i know i do just wish we didnt get so much snow here so i could ride it more

trixster8

Hi all,
Just joined recently, and now I have some time to write. I've been riding a '04 Honda 599 for the past four years, which has been another awsome naked bike, but I wanted some more power and fuel injection. Once I found out the FZ8 was in the states, I was scrambling to find a dealer who had one. I fell in love with it on the showroom floor, didn't even need to ride it. So, I bit the bullet and bought it. I live near Chicago, so I haven't had to many nice days to get her out, but I've managed to put on a 100 miles so far. I love the low end torque, can't wait to break the engine in so i can see what she's really got! I've been ordering mods like crazy, can't help myself. So far, I've put on swing arm spools, frame sliders, Rizoma mirrors (from the 599), and a tank grip pad. On the way is Yamaha's fly screen, Evotech undertail kit, and Evotech radiator guard. Also, it was bugging me that my model didn't have the auxiliary light above the headlight, so I fixed that. I installed a 10mm ultra white LED from radio shack (with the correct resistor). I'll post some pics.

I'm looking forward to talking with you guys and learning more about the bike and everyone's experiences. Cheers!

sendtoharvey

from stL,mo

pretty happy about picking up my fz8 with last vin digits being 000003
used to ride cbr600rr, still have a vlx to cruise around on. but to keep up with the other guys i ride with i grabbed this 8...i don't like to have the same stuff as everyone else

cpolzin77

hi

Hi Everyone I am not only new to this site but also Riding. I am planning on getting a FZ8 as my first bike I have heard mixed reviews if this bike would be to much for a beginner. But I am planning on getting it so I just have to learn after my M license course.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i think ANY bike as a first bike can be "too much" if the rider is not responsible. take a good look at yourself and your abilities and self control for the answer.

you can get hurt on a 250 just as bad as a 1000 but be responsible on both as well.

either way, welcome to the forum!

trimyantidrug

I guess I'll quit being a lurker and post an intro. I just picked up my FZ8 about two weeks ago after passing on getting a monster or a used gladius. traded in my ninja 250, great bike to start on however outgrew it quick in the last couple of months. I been riding for about a year now. I currently live in Las Vegas. hopefully once the vegas winds calm down i can get some miles log on the new ride as i only got a 100mi on it in the first couple of weeks. anyways looking forward to swaping stories and tips on what so far is turning out to be a great bike

Cheers,
JC

Lou Menace

I also live in Las Vegas. I do not own a bike yet, however I have narrowed my options down to the FZ8 from the Monster 796 and the Suzuki Gladius (No Ducati Shop here and No Gladius' around).

I look to learn a lot from you cats here and look forward to having some fun with this bike, I'll be purchasing before the year is out.

lothodon

Super Moderator
and here is my official welcome to the forum (and family) post.

i took the gladius out last year and was sadly disappointed in it. so glad i waited for the fz8. going from my r1 to the fz8 was an easy transition, although i too considered a monster as well.

my patience and uncertainty in selling my r1 made things go just right as far as timing as the fz8 wasn't even announced for the us until about a month after i was looking.

D

Deleted member 438

Intro

Hi guys, I'm a long time rider and I just picked up a FZ8 last Saturday. It's gotta be the best looking sport bike currently on the market and I can't wait to see what US aftermarket brings to make it even better.

Shleeve

Hey yo, I live in Wenatchee WA, just bought a brand new black FZ8, will have pics up soon. Nice to meet yall :)

summit8

Hey Everyone,

Picked up my FZ8 a couple weeks ago... I've been riding it around BC for the past few weeks and I've racked up about 700 KM's on it. Love it!

I've been a Harley rider for the past few years, but I needed to pick up the pace, so I bought the FZ8. I've been a fairly avid rider most of my life (since about 5) on snowmobiles, bikes and whatever else with a motor. I raced moto-x back in high school and raced snowmobiles (sno-x) professionally for about 5 years in, and a few years after high school. I no longer race sleds, but I'm avid an rider in the backcountry.

I'm now a Pilot, I work flying a corporate jet in the Middle East, month on month off. I bought the FZ8 after seeing many of them in Europe and the UK while I was working. When I found out they we're coming to Canada I was ecstatic.

New to the forum, glad to have found it. Any other Vancouver or BC riders?

RangerG

Logging in to gather info on a possible replacement for my 30 year old Seca. I'm interested in the Canadian market Fazer 8. The local dealer has a demo ride tomorrow and hopefully they have the Fazer, if not I'll ride the FZ8. FZ1 may get a ride as well.

Update: Rode the FZ8 today. Nice power and decent ergos. I'd slap a set of bar risers on first thing. I'm too old to bend over and ride! I spent quite a bit of time looking for the flat spot in the power band that lives around 5,000 rpm. I never found anything that bothered me at all with respect to the power band. Bike pulled down low and gets fun when you spin it up over 7 grand. The Fazer 8 will go on my short list of future bike possibilities.

Last edited: