New Member Welcome Thread!!!

FZ1inNH

Administrator
This thread is to give a brief intro about you so we can all welcome you to the FZ8 forum. Please tell us a bit about you, what you ride, hobbies, work, anything you'd like to share! :D

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
FZ1inNH

I'll start...

I've been a rider for 34 years now, starting at 11 with a Honda CT70 trail bike my step-Dad bought me. I've ridden many bikes, three and four wheelers, since that first day. I took 13 years off because my kids were my 1st priority and bought my first new bike in 2006 which was a holdover 2005 FZ6. (I've always been a huge blue-blooded Yamaha fan). Since the 2005, I've had the 2008 FZ6 and now the 2009 FZ1.

I am a U.S. Army veteran who served from '82 to '86 during peace time, almost all of it in Washington, DC.

I am happily married to my wife Michele. I've created a rider out of her as well. She started on the S40 Boulevard then moved to the V Star 650 custom and is now on her first sportbike with about 3000 miles under her belt. She rides to 2009 FZ6R.

I have three kids, a 25 yr old son and 22 yr old twins, boy and a girl. My daughter gave me a grandchild in Nov. 2009 so I am a grand father at 44 yrs old! She's the sweetest and happiest baby we've ever laid eyes on!

I work in Information Technology (IT) as a Server/SAN Engineer. I'm the team lead for the company I work for and run their data center as well as the data center for the parent company.

In my spare time, I like to ride first, but when not riding, I love doing woodworking, metal work, home remodeling, kayaking and I'm a big FPS gamer on the PC.

That is Eric in a nutshell. :cool:

Wenmark

Hi I am Mark been riding motorcycles for about 11 years now. I grew up on a ranch so I rode or drove most everything (cars, boats, atv's, ranch trucks, tractors, horse trailers, dirt bikes, horses, dune buggy's, unicycle, bmx, mowers, and everything else) since I was a kid. So it feels like I have been doing it all my life. I teach high school history and coach wrestling in the fall, drivers ed in the summertime. I would like to be a motorcycle safety instructor (part time), but my boss (driving school) said he would have to spend 50k on the bikes, but hey it's on the wish list. I love to teach. I am 42 yrs married old, no kids 2 cats (spoiled rotten) and an old German Shepherd (been the best dog ever). I have a FZ6R and love it, but as most always look at other bikes. I really like the FZ8 if it looks like the "R" I would not mind having more power. I rode the "1" and loved it, but felt like I would never use all the power plus really like fairings on my bike. I also have a Suzuki Burgman 650 which is also a sweet ride (like riding in a recliner). In my spare time I BS on here watch college and pro football and addicted to NCAA & Madden (Xbox) like crack. I look forward to hear from everyone on here. Happy Trails!:D

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Hi I,m Mick,
I have been riding for close to 30 years and I still love it .My wife actually let me buy a bike on the house mortgage when I needed a new one ,"coz if I didn't have a bike it would just cause arguments " is what she said ,lol.

So as you have guessed I,m married and have two fantastic sons.
Lachlan (8) who is sport mad and a very good basketball and football player.We just bought him his first bike ,a little 50cc to learn on.
Benjamin is 6 and completely different,he is into books and music,but I have caught him sneaking looks at Lachie's bike.

I work in the springwater industry as the factory supervisor .I ride to work everyday no matter what the weather.

Well will add more when I think of something to type,lol
Welcome all .

Mick.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Welcome Mark and Mick! Glad to see some old friends from other forums come over and help get this party started.

CrazyBiker

Hi I am Akshay,

I am an Indian in the US studying my PhD in Comp Sc. Yeah still a student and can't wait to get out. Hope to graduate by next year. Worked for a year in the IT industry so I know what its like. I am married to my undergrad classmate - Poonam for more than a year now. No kids yet but we recently got a cute golden lab who is like our 1st kid.

Been riding for last 10+ years half of them were in Indian traffic. So good survival instincts and impulses. I don't get scared if a cager comes within a foot of my bike :D. Started on a TVS Victor 110 cc bike which was a lot of fun and wheelies. Then shifted to performance bikes with FZ6 which I soon got bored of and used to lust after other bikes constantly. With the FZ1 now I don't search for performance any more. FZ6 is still there but want to replace it with a triumph or a bmw this year or sell it all together.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Welcome Akshay! :D Another familiar face! Enjoy the site as we start to build yet another fantastic FZ family.

FB400

Hello from FB400 in NY

Hello guys-
I am a fairly new rider at the age of 45. Always wanted a bike since I was 15 but then saw my brother and his buddy get hurt in separate incidents at the respective ages of 19 and 22 (both of them being stupid on super sports bikes). I shelved the idea of riding until recently.. call it a mid life thing if you want.

I recently got a 2006 FZ6 and I love it. So I am here on this forum to learn about this new bike, FZ8, because in a year or 2 maybe 3 I will be looking to move up.

My other hobbies include first gen Pontiac Firebirds, Boating and alpine skiing

Last edited:

bd43

Hey all, I'm Daryl, Daz to the ppl from down under ;).

I've been riding a few years now with a license in hand, before that, as a youngin' riding friend's bikes because the parents wouldn't let me buy my own.

I currently own a 2007 blue FZ6, but owned a 1980 Suzuki GS400, which was a great starter bike. It was a little short on power, had to go through three gears just to get across the intersection, and to choke the bike starting up was a PITA. So glad for computerized FI.

The parents have since warmed up to me riding a motorcycle, because they sold me the GS400 :eek:. Not sure if this is their plan to get rid of me out of their will :p.

Anyway, popped in to say 'Hi". The FZ8 looks like a sweet looking thing, possibly the FZ6 needs a mate. Someday maybe, dare to dream :).

Daryl.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Welcome to the site FB400! It is likely a very good thing that you chose to wait this long to ride, but 45 yrs young means you're riding with a level head and have (hopefully) another 25 years left of riding! Kudos for taking the leap.

Ask all the questions you'd like. As you see above, I've owned both generations of the FZ6 so I can help if heeded. :D

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Thanks Eric.. I have questions for you on the FZ1 :D

Fire away! Perhaps a new thread in the "other ride" section? :D

I created a Non-FZ8 place to discuss bikes other than... for now anyway. Between that and the Bar, we can get some messages flowing until more details on the FZ8 arrive. :D

Last edited:

grommit

Hi,

My name is Michael or M, I have been riding on and off since 1981. I am a mechanical engineer not a mechanic and a computer whizz, I got into computers through using CAD on Sun Workstations (SunOS, BSD based, later Solaris=SVR4) as I was a draughtsman for some years. One of my first jobs in computing was to convert a CP/M based system onto MS-DOS. That was a few years ago. :cool:

Currently have an FZ6 S2 which is easily the best bike I have ever owned, by far.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Nice ride Michael! :D

Nice swingarm stickers too! Is minimad still around? I bought TWO sets and glad I did. The first set went on the FZ6 and was traded in, now belonging to "Dennis in NH" but I have the other set and intend to put them on each side of my new FZ1 OEM lower cowl. :D

Thanks for sharing and welcome!!

Senior

Well, better say Hello, so, Hello :D

I'm also on the other side on the FZ6-Forum and have only been riding since November 2008, past test and bought the FZ6-Fazer.

40 years old, Married with 2 boys, 13 & 11

Luckily my wife was brought up around motorbikes so when I dropped in conversation that I "might" like to get a motorbike licience, I actually was encouraged :)

I'm not looking to change bikes anytime soon, but do definitely like the look of the Fazer8, so thought it worth while jumping in early to this community.

Take care all.

Simon

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Welcome Simon! Another familiar face here! No matter which FZ you ride, you really cannot go wrong. I've ridden them all and like each of them for many different reasons.

Thanks for the intro and welcome!!

grommit

Nice ride Michael! :D

Nice swingarm stickers too! Is minimad still around? I bought TWO sets and glad I did. The first set went on the FZ6 and was traded in, now belonging to "Dennis in NH" but I have the other set and intend to put them on each side of my new FZ1 OEM lower cowl. :D

Thanks for sharing and welcome!!

minimad is still around. I did the measurements for the S2 swing arm for him.

Attachments

• 1120.jpg
    1120.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1296.jpg
    1296.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1360.jpg
    1360.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 1410.jpg
    1410.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 1411.jpg
    1411.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10

Humperdinkel

Hi guys , Daniel here from sunny Queenland , Australia :D......

Been riding off and on for oooh ummmm lemme count............17 years :eek: im getting old..... Started on an old early 80's Suzuki PE175 then went straight to a 1991 Honda CBR1000F for several years , some reliable some not so :soapbox: & then in 2005 i saw the light ;) and bought myself a Yamaha FZ6 , 4 years of neverfail riding on the ever trusty Yamaha , 2009 i decided to testride the new R1 and thats where my 'love' affair with the FZ6 hit a snag :(.... She left me feeling empty & sluggish :eek: (when compared to the R1) but the R1 was well beyond my price range insurance wise so i test rode the more pocket friendly XJR1300 , fell in love all over again and rode here out that door 3 days later :)..... Now 8 months on the marriage has never been better :D

Ohh yeah and im Married , happily so for the last 9 years , 3 kids , drive trucks , ride bikes and generally make a nuisance of myself......