How fast have you gone?

slowkey

Now I wouldn't want to suggest myself or anyone else has done something illegal but hypothetically how fast have you gone?

Hypothetically I went 229km/h (142mph) last night :D

BLAZEX09

Commuter
I don't really see the point in threads like this, we all know that most of the high speed runs take place on public roads, we all ride powerful bikes capable of insane (and if we are honest irresponsible) velocities.

I'm not trying to condemn you, I know very well the rush that high speed gives you. I did a few runs on my old R6 that were crazy fast, for me it was just to check the box, never got in the habit of it.

I'm mainly trying to suggest these discussions are better kept off of public forums.

Keep safe, and remember hypothetical speeds like that are very much like a drug, don't get addicted.

slowkey

luckily I live in an area where certain conditions (absolutely no traffic, straight shot for several km's) are met before hypothetical speeds are met. The legal risk of doing this is very steep where I live so it is done very very rarely

I'm not condoning this speed but hypothetically this seems to be the most I can get out of this bike with stock gearing (I'm sure my weight has some effect). Just wondering if anyone else is going hypothetically faster ? and by faster I mean 20 or more kmh

slowkey

sorry blazex you live in the same province as I do so you know what happens when you exceed 45kmh of the speed limit.

I'm a little further east of you so I can find some quite areas

compensation

This is harmless compared to a Canadian doing 186, recording it and putting it on youtube.

Just bustin your balls. Seen you run cnc, what machines? I fix them. Work on mazaks, okuma, toyoda, doosan, deawoo, hitatchi,...

slowkey

Both of us are from that province in Canada. If you get caught going more than 45 kmh over the speed limit here they take your bike away for 7 days and huge fines

BLAZEX09

Commuter
@ slowkey: No problem, at least you're being responsible about it and know the penalty if hypothetically were to go that fast and get caught.

@ compensation, lol you're probably right, anyone on here could just be bragging. I could say that I went over 245 km (152 mph) on my old R6, am I telling the truth, maybe, maybe not. ;)

I work mostly on a Spring coiler machine, its made by a company based in Michigan called AIM. (automated industrial motion) nothing too special but keeps my piggy bank happy :D

sinclap2

Lazy
Both of us are from that province in Canada. If you get caught going more than 45 kmh over the speed limit here they take your bike away for 7 days and huge fines

In New South Wales, Australia you exceed the limit by 30km/h you lose your licence for a minimum of 3 months (immediately) and pay between $799-1008 fine. By 45km/h loss of licence for a min. of 6 months and pay between $2150-2300.

We also have "Hoon" laws. I don't know if Hoon translates across countries, but is basically people street racing, burn-outs etc (Lewis Hamilton (F1 Driver) was charged under the hoon laws in Victoria for doing a burnout on his was back to his Motel, a few years ago). Those penalties are about on par with the speeding penalties, but they can also impound your car for three months and/or take you number plates away. I think in Victoria, they started crushing the cars of repeat offenders. Then when you go to court you can the be slapped with a another ~$3000 fine and/or go to prison for a few months.

So, I'm not admitting a thing! :D

Last edited:

BLAZEX09

Commuter

Yeah I hate that rule, seems a little harsh, but keeps things a little less crazy on streets, I guess.

BLAZEX09

Commuter
In New South Wales, Australia you exceed the limit by 30km/h you lose your licence for a minimum of 3 months (immediately) and pay between $799-1008 fine. By 45km/h loss of licence for a min. of 6 months and pay between $2150-2300.

:eek: that is crazy! and I thought we had it bad.

slowkey

We also have "Hoon" laws. I don't know if Hoon translates across countries, but is basically people street racing, burn-outs etc (Lewis Hamilton (F1 Driver) was charged under the hoon laws in Victoria for doing a burnout on his was back to his Motel, a few years ago). Those penalties are about on par with the speeding penalties, but they can also impound your car for three months and/or take you number plates away. I think in Victoria, they started crushing the cars of repeat offenders. Then when you go to court you can the be slapped with a another ~$3000 fine and/or go to prison for a few months.

To have a fz8 in place like that you are a very self disciplined person ;) or you must book visiting hours at the impound lot

C

Camo

I live in the same state as sinclap, if you don't like to help raise revenue for the government you do your high speed runs on track or stay off the freeways.
We have stationary speed cameras, all police cars have radar and to add insult to injury we have unmarked vans with speed cameras that have a small sign a few meters past them saying you've just been past a speed trap....fockers!
Can I be the first to say that a naked FZ8 isn't a great tool for high speed runs any way, though I'm not looking at my speedo when I'm breaking the law as I wouldn't want to miss the sign letting me know I'll be getting my exact speed attatched to a fine and loss of license notice :)
Be safe out there.

kjonas75

Got caught doing 135Km/h in Brisbane a few weeks. Paid the fine and now on Good behaviour (cannot make any stupid mistakes for 1 year). Cop told me I was lucky I was under 140, as I would have lost my license. I was trying to break in the engine, trying to go above 8000rpm, as I hardly go above that.

Anyway take care and don't speed because you will get caught (just like I did).

ps. I made sure it was safe to speed as it's a 2km straight strech with excellent visibility.

FZER

Avid Rider
I acted like a nut yesterday. I don't think I hit the rev limiter but I was close in first gear. Something like 85 in a 40, but it was just for a few seconds, acting stupid near a guy that use to work with me. Passed him and a truck in front of him and hit an exit loop. The loop leaving work is my favorite part of my day, a lady on cafe racers made a good point the other day. Riding to work gives you a good excuse to make it to work. I do have problems with that sometimes. 28 more years.......:(, but in two more years I earn 8hrs. of vaction every two weeks, and four hours of sick. Plus, most of the time I work comptime instead of overtime, course if my home life doesn't improve I might be working more overtime.

V

Vapordan

I don't like these threads, they can easily be used as evidence in the future so I'd be careful to admit anything. That said, yesterday I was doing the speed limit (let's assume that was 65mph), the 750 2003 katana behind broke out of formation and passed me like I was stopped at a redlight. :( FZ8 doesn't have top end, but it gets there quickly. The wind is horrible horrible horrible at speeds. The suspension feels like a row boat, very unnerving especially on bumpy pavement.

FZER

Avid Rider

Plus, damn MadMax might give you the ticket!:eek: