FZ-8 Top Speed?

C

Camo

Bren, it's just the upgraded eastern creek.
Warpath that's called 'the farm'. Track days there cost 400ish and Bernie Hatton does advanced rider courses there for 700ish?
According to the owner, it's not a race track but a private country road... No ripple strips but has road signs lol

SeñorJack

El Guapo
ive seen 140 or so on mine, but at about 115 or so I feel like I am on the wrong bike for the situation.

where are the -1 +2 sprocket guys on this? I am curious where those bike are topping out. cuz I have no need to go that fast. in california over 100 is considered a felony :/

S

Shock

Whats the fastest anyones gotten the FZ8 up to? Just curious, don't wanna make a contest out of it or have someone die tryin to beat someone else. I just know that the supposed 140mph top speed is bogus and im sure some other people here know that too.

I've seen in articles that the top speed is 141mph

ssky0078

and privately owned.... ahhhh, the things you can do when your the ceo of coca cola...

Poison the world with sugary beverages that contribute to diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. Ohh yeah don't forget the possible connection with Diet sodas and cancer and neurological problems like chronic headache and alzheimers. Thats' what you can do when your the CEO of Coke every day.

slowkey

had my fazer8 up to 230kmh (140mph)and that is all she would do. held it there for about 10 sec just wouldn't go any faster

B

bren

i was riding at 110km on the highway and then ducked down low over the tank and that gave me and extra 5-6 kms per hour lol

BDazzler

Had my FZ1 up to 162 and she was still pulling.. oops wrong thread:D

I can only get my FZ1 to 154, but considering what I'm asking 'the Beast' to carry, I figure that's still impressive. :eek:

I have enough wind with my 1/4 fairing, I can't imagine 140 on a true naked.

W

WARPTH

Hrmmmmmm. Top speed not high enough? Time for a panigale maybe...
I dont know how some of you guys got to that speed. Thats alot of trust you had in the suspension
Lol

Niko

I had 155 mph when i tried the FZ8 WGP before buying my black. There was an Akrapovic exhaust with DB killer.

On my black with the same exhaust without DB killer only 143...:confused:

Maybe the radiator covers are not good for top speed?

Last edited:

Bighitmatt

I had her pegged out in Death Valley a few months ago for about a 10 mile stretch. During the downhill section of that stretch I was only able to pull 154 mph on the clocks. My Garmin GPS stated that the actual speed was 133. I can say these FZ-8's are hairy at that speed!

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Yeah, I'm not going to test the top speed on mine either. When I feel like being crazy I take my AR-15 to the range. No comments from the Limey's, the Canucks or the Aussies, please. :p

C

Camo

Yeah, I'm not going to test the top speed on mine either. When I feel like being crazy I take my AR-15 to the range. No comments from the Limey's, the Canucks or the Aussies, please. :p

I see what you did there ;)

MXRACER869

I have had the bike fully tapped and the fastest I have seen it is at 145 MPH on a 2011 fully stock.

Last edited:
B

bren

Hmmm wondering what mine would get to with the juice box and jumbo map...

May waitmformthe k&n and air box mod before I find out hehehe

doggy69247

My bike is tuned with a josh slip-on and today i get her up to 225 that's like just under 140mph. I think she had more in her but i was already tired and it was pretty dam windy and the monster i was playing with gave up the chase :)