FZ-8 Top Speed?

jcocker03

Whats the fastest anyones gotten the FZ8 up to? Just curious, don't wanna make a contest out of it or have someone die tryin to beat someone else. I just know that the supposed 140mph top speed is bogus and im sure some other people here know that too.

lyric911

I've seen an indicated 130 mph on a couple of occasions. The wind is quite bothersome at that speed.

jcocker03

Yea that winds horrible. I feel like our bikes would get at least another 10mph top end with some plastic on. But im still not complaining, i like the naked look.

V

Vapordan

It looked like it could be good for another 10 - 12mph on top of the 130mph judging from the engine sound (it didn't sound breathless at 130mph), tach redline and rev limiter. But there's really never a reason to go that fast except on a race track.

D

DJK1505

I know its not accurate, but I have seen 154 on the dash. That was stock gearing, now I am sure I will see maybe 130, but that again is with different sprockets, and tire size. Prob only like 110 in real life, I need to get my gps and check it!

Lee_533

I've had mine to 125 and it still wanted to pull, I was just running out of road. I think 140 to 150 is believable. If I can find a straight smooth road with no cops, I'll test it out. But like I said, I got it to 125 mph and it had no problem getting there and still had plenty of power left.

And just in case anyone thinks I upgraded my bike, I didn't. The only upgrade I did was get rid of that huge heavy pipe and installed a 5lb slip on.

Lee_533

Oh and I forgot. When I was going that fast, I was laying on the tank. The wind kills at that speed, but it seems that the headlight fairing helps deflect the wind once you get lower on the bike.

FZER

Avid Rider
I won't be going out and trying to find the top-speed anytime soon, but I can report that I'm very impressed with the GIVI fly screen. At 80 I don't feel any wind on my chest.

hypo

before the deer, I got my FZ8 to 130ish on the speedo on I-10 east with a little cross/head wind. and honestly, I preferred the naked wind vs ANY fairings. my VFR definitely gets some sailboat action going with its fully faired dressings. I think you get less wind pull/push on a naked.

cpatt

might have to get me a wind shield. last ride my buddys cbr 600rr hit 135.. i figured id be able to keep up being an 800. i assumed we did 150-160 ish.

H

Hoover

125 for me. Not so sure I enjoy the high speed runs as much as I used to.

EZ RIDER

I have the Fazer 8 with the half fairing and I have hit 234 kmh so that roughly translates to 145 mph. I may have been able to squeeze a little more out of it but the road got short fast lol.

Sschwar4

I was with a group last weekend that claimed speeds of 125-130, but in reality more like 106. Calibrated speedo and GPS, flat road.

So, how accurate are these speeds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wa2txcory

Showing about 135 way out in texas hill country but it didnt feel like 135 so realistically less cause I know our speedos seem way off. Or at least mine seems at least 10 or so off at 70.

i seen 224km/h (139mph) on mine still had a bit more to go but again the road got short!

Last edited:
C

Camo

I don't look down once it gets quick but at last glance it was 186kmph and climbing...It gets there pretty quickly off a red light start ;)

jcocker03

Ive seen 156 on the speedo but that was with me low against the tank just wrapped around the bike lol. And i weigh 145 so that might help a little too. My jacket was flappin like crazy at that speed too, i think i might get a couple more mph with a tight fitting jacket.