FZ-8 Top Speed?

Jacek3743

I've hit 138mph at 10krpm so at 11.5krpm I would be hitting atleast 150mph. I dont know how accurate the speedo is but if I do do it again, I will use my gtechpro unit to log the speed.

I was hugging the tank as much as I can but the wind was just too strong to go any faster. I have the run on video...I just dont know if I should post it >_>

for your own security and safety, I wouldnt. Kid around where I live posted of him doing stupid sh&t on a bike and got 18 months for it.... They found him through YouTube and stormed his house

Larry P

I think the most I've hit is 145 on a nice straight. The wind is pretty bad but once I got to 120ish it felt the same the faster I went. If I cared to keep going I might have hit 150 but I don't enjoy sustaining those speeds. My brain goes "hey, if you hit a pothole, you're probably dead" and I go "o yea ur rite lol throttle chop". I do enjoy how fast she wicks up into triple digits!

rnvanquish

I must have the right combo of mods because im not saying it was accurate but I have seen 165 on the speedo

From my experience, the speedo is off by approximately 8-10% so you're probably doing closer to 150ish. That seems feasible, though, because I've definitely hit about 138-140 mph on mine and all it has performance wise is a slip-on exhaust.

Lee_533

I must have the right combo of mods because im not saying it was accurate but I have seen 165 on the speedo

Speedo healer will give you an accurate reading. After I dropped a tooth on the front, my bike was able to use it's full rpm range but the speedo was pretty far off. With one down in front and speedo healer tuned right, I can hit 150 mph.

jeffcali

ditto 150.

i dropped the back to 43 for two reasons.

1 - with the stock gears, the mph was off by +5. now it's correct.

2 - now i don't have to custom cut 121 links for the damn chain.

cmurder

Pillion
hit 136 mph ( what it said on the dash anyway) today , bike def needs steering damper and some sort of wind screen @ 120 the helmet wobble is horrible. 300 miles in the seat today most of 90+ and my neck is killing me ,, bike wanted to go faster but i dident

Rotaryknight

hit 136 mph ( what it said on the dash anyway) today , bike def needs steering damper and some sort of wind screen @ 120 the helmet wobble is horrible. 300 miles in the seat today most of 90+ and my neck is killing me ,, bike wanted to go faster but i dident

anything above 110 and my chin is on the gas tank.

spudrees

Around 108mph indicated. So probably around 95-100 actual.

108mph? Seriously??
I have had 142mph on the clock so probably around 128mph in real money.....!
We're going to be flashing it as soon as we get time (too busy flashing customers bikes lol) so we will be removing the gear restrictors along with lots of other things

Blackfin

For a stock bike, mathematically it's about 160MPH based on hitting redline.

Practically, the bike is likely aero limited to its power peak at roughly 10,000RPM which is about 140MPH.

Wolf

108mph? Seriously??
I have had 142mph on the clock so probably around 128mph in real money.....!
We're going to be flashing it as soon as we get time (too busy flashing customers bikes lol) so we will be removing the gear restrictors along with lots of other things

That's just me personally. The lack of wind protection makes it uncomfortable at high speeds.

spudrees

That's just me personally. The lack of wind protection makes it uncomfortable at high speeds.

I'm on a Fazer so a bit more wind protection for me so I completely understand what you are saying.

Assuming the tach is reading correctly (the speedo always reads high) that works out to a very respectable 137MPH.

We gave mine a quick power run on the dyno in between doing customers bikes and it went 142 on the clocks, 128 on the dyno

Last edited:

nwwhiteh

I have had mine to 125 riding double with my wife. Felt like it had mote but like the others, wind makes a huge factor.

rotambo

I've gone as far as 130 and probably could have kept going but didn't want to. It was right after my break in period so I wanted to get a feel for it. Haven't gone as fast since then and that was 2 years ago this September.