FZ-8 Top Speed?

jasonr199

Whats the fastest anyones gotten the FZ8 up to? Just curious, don't wanna make a contest out of it or have someone die tryin to beat someone else. I just know that the supposed 140mph top speed is bogus and im sure some other people here know that too.

I've gotten mine up to 131mph indicated. I now have a GIVI windscreen and I think i could get it up at least 15 more mph. I think that 140mph top speed is a little bogus too!

Guillaume

I only really had about a mile (1.6km) but I went from 80mph (129kmph) to 143mph (230kmph) indicated. I was tracking my speed with my phone/gps and the top speed was actually 133mph (214kmph).
The only significant mod I had at the time was the Danmoto XG-1 slip-on and got rid of the mirrors and signals. I was in a full tuck wearing loose pants and a winter jacket, not the most streamlined. Not sure what the wind was like but I didn't feel like the bike could go much further at all.
I'm almost 6'2 (1m87) and weigh 196lbs (89kg) without any gear.

DLSGAP

I've hit an indicated 140.. Definitely prefer high speed runs on my previous bike

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Benjobiker

My former track toy was an 07 zx10r... When pushing it, I'd shift into 2nd at 106mph

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Oh wow, that pretty crazy man. I think for what the fz8 was made for though, it definitely is perfect. I wouldn't ride the zx10r as a commuter to save my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ansem

went to 135 on the way to work on the freeway... no traffic but started to get scared of the wind Resistance + cops :(

Dom83

hit 240 kmh (150 mph) on dash...lying on the tank...straight and flat road, no wind....rpm was at maybe 8000 - 8500 so no cut off but couldn't go faster!

my bike is mechanically stock. so in reality it was probably 10% slower.

Rotaryknight

I've hit 138mph at 10krpm so at 11.5krpm I would be hitting atleast 150mph. I dont know how accurate the speedo is but if I do do it again, I will use my gtechpro unit to log the speed.

I was hugging the tank as much as I can but the wind was just too strong to go any faster. I have the run on video...I just dont know if I should post it >_>

pigdog

now can we just go & have fun...im still on my first tank of gas. this post wore me out. im goin to bed