EXHAUST

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I just put on the Vance and Hines CS One slip-on. It is loud, but I like it a lot. I think it looks good, and isn't as traditional looking.

I came from a Ducati 1098, and I think this slip-on is louder than the Arrows I had on that bike with the db killers removed.

How does it sound? any vids or sound bytes?
Thanks for steering to the website btw

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
I will try to get some better pics, but all I have is this crappy cell phone pic.

that can on that bike is perfection. it looks as though it was designed specifically for that color scheme.

i would certainly paint/coat the header flat black to match if it were mine.

Coolslice

that can on that bike is perfection. it looks as though it was designed specifically for that color scheme.

i would certainly paint/coat the header flat black to match if it were mine.

That is definitely what I'd like to do. Whether it's worth the expense and the hassle is another story. That's one of those things that needs to be done by someone else, because I can and will screw it up.

I'm not sure why Yamaha went with flat colors and then stuck on a highly polished header on there? It sticks out like a dick in a pickle jar. Even the stock muffler was flat black.

vargon09

Not sure if this has been addressed yet.. there are 31 pages to this thread lol does anyone know if it would hurt to run no muffler for a few days? I'm curious to see what it sounds like and my new slip on should be in friday (5 days).

lothodon

Super Moderator
i would not recommend that as you'll light your foot on fire with the fuel that gets dumped and ignited down the pipe.

also, it would be HELLA loud...just leave the stock pipe on until your new one arrives.

FZER

Avid Rider
Definitely way too loud! Header only that is! You'd lose all of your hearing and your neighbors would call the cops on you. It sounds great if you just crank it up and listen for a bit, but oh lord I couldn't imagine riding like that.

Coolslice

How does it sound? any vids or sound bytes?
Thanks for steering to the website btw

I don't have any sound clips of my bike, but I did find this on YouTube. The quality is a little iffy, but I guess it's better than nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW6TwbFnmxw]Fz8 cs one Vance and hines yamaha - YouTube[/ame]

clemmel

Has anyone with a Danmoto GP done a before and after video of that exhaust compared to stock? It seems like an awesome price for the DM but I don't want to end up with something that is annoyingly loud.

lyric911

Has anyone with a Danmoto GP done a before and after video of that exhaust compared to stock? It seems like an awesome price for the DM but I don't want to end up with something that is annoyingly loud.

All the danmoto exhausts are going to sound almost identical. They are a straight through design - no baffle chambers. There's a sound clip in my mods thread of the Danmoto GP conical. As for the before sound - I didn't record one. But if you have an FZ8...it sounded like that. ;)

MojoRisin

I love my Danmoto Conical and it looks good too. I wanted something a little louder than stock, this pushes the upper limits of what I wanted and it's perfect.