EXHAUST

Speedo007

Here's a few shots in daylight. As you can see the rest of the bike is a bit dirty, but I think it better shows the finish of the ceramic coating.

Speedo007

Another advantage I noticed this weekend of the ceramic coating is that the heat isolation isn't imaginary, it really makes a huge difference...even after riding for an hour in 20C temperatures I can put my hand on the exhaust (even with baffle in exhaust which should usually make it even hotter as hot air is somewhat retained a bit). So no more risk of melting passenger boots on it or having luggage hang half an inch above it. Now don't go try touching the headers hehe but I suspect they are probably at least 15-20% cooler with ceramic coating.

Panther

Thanks for photos Speedo007 - very nice on the black bike.

Going for the carbon option myself.
Have ordered Yoshimura full carbon end-can from JHS Racing, Bristol, England. Will post pics as soon as I fit it.

rysyndrome

The black headers are epic. Obviously my opinion but I'm gonna do this once I decide on the slip-on I want. How hard is it to remove the headers?

Speedo007

The black headers are epic. Obviously my opinion but I'm gonna do this once I decide on the slip-on I want. How hard is it to remove the headers?

Pretty easy, 8 bolts on the headers, one bolt for the O2 sensor, one bolt on the middle bracket and if you removed your stock exhaust already well that's pretty much all their is to it you just pull slightly towards the front wheel and then sideways to remove it (obviously if you have access to a lift this is much easier) but no need to remove anything else on the bike. The only thing you will need to put them back on is 4 new header seals (about 16$). Some say you don't need to change them but when I asked my mechanic he said sometimes you're fine, sometimes you get leaks if you try using them twice so with the time and trouble involved, it's just cheaper and safer to use new seals. And then just make sure you torque the bolts to the correct amount.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I'd like to do my pipes and can as well. Thoughts? This was just after adding the OEM Yamaha Euro sport scoops (replaces the radiator covers and ties into the frame where that plate used to be.)

I have new blue HEL SS brake lines to install, Racetech springs for the forks (1.0kg) and on the way is a new Penske 8983 with remote reservoir and the FE Kit has shipped (Evotech).

Speedo007

Lookin good, don't think I need to say you have my vote for can and headers hehe Love your radiator covers, they fit great.

D

Deleted member 438

Looks really nice FZ1inNH, and I like the look of your bike with the silver it has. I guess it kinda matches the silver fork legs.

FZER

Avid Rider
GPR

GPR exhaust?
Saw one on ebay that looked pretty killer. If it looks like this one on a triple, but not pointed straight up in the air maybe I'll give it a shot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4anVJ8ZSs7A]2011 Triumph Speed Triple - GPR exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

TeleRob

was looking for this one on the board, but might have missed it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW6TwbFnmxw]Fz8 cs one Vance and hines yamaha - YouTube[/ame]

Panther

Yoshimura R-77 fitted

Hey there,
Fitted Yoshimura R77 muffler and mid-pipe to my Fazer8. Had to remove springs to adjust orientation to fit to custom exhaust hanger I ordered from R&G Racing. Removed rear footrests, etc. to make even lighter. Replaced rear-seat with seat cowl/cover. I can say to all that the hadling has significantly improved due to carrying about 7+ lbs less weight at rear. The sound is phenomenal and the flat spot around 6,000 disappeared. Bike is more balanced at slow speeds too. The "back-chatter" when deccelerating down the gears is beautiful! I'll try to attach some pics - at the moment they're too big.

Speedo007

That V&H sounds great; it sounds like it has a deeper tone than most of the other slip ons.

I wouldnt base my opinion only on a video shot in a garage as it will make just about any slip on sound deeper (the echo). That said I'm sure it sounds great like all the other models I heard so far.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
That V&H sounds great; it sounds like it has a deeper tone than most of the other slip ons.

It does. One of the best I have heard personally on a bike in general.

Although, its the only one I have heard in person on a FZ8.

Last edited:

Panther

Yoshimura R77 pics

Hey there,
Fitted Yoshimura R77 muffler and mid-pipe to my Fazer8. Had to remove springs to adjust orientation to fit to custom exhaust hanger I ordered from R&G Racing. Removed rear footrests, etc. to make even lighter. Replaced rear-seat with seat cowl/cover. I can say to all that the hadling has significantly improved due to carrying about 7+ lbs less weight at rear. The sound is phenomenal and the flat spot around 6,000 disappeared. Bike is more balanced at slow speeds too. The "back-chatter" when deccelerating down the gears is beautiful! I'll try to attach some pics - at the moment they're too big.

Here are some pics as promised.

Best mod I ever made - the sound, power, handling, weight, balance and even MPG all better.

FazerFL

I know this is off topic but im new to the motorcycle game and was wondering if its easy to lower the fz8 and how would I go about doing so?

Any info would be greatly apppreciated and I myself am purchasing that V&H cs

H

Hoover

I know this is off topic but im new to the motorcycle game and was wondering if its easy to lower the fz8 and how would I go about doing so?

Any info would be greatly apppreciated and I myself am purchasing that V&H cs

Search the forum, there is a thread applicable to this mod.

bobbyb

Any thing you want

You can buy any slip on you want on ebay MC superstore etc. I'm on the USA/Canada border. I have all parts shipped to a warehouse company, go and get it when they email it has arrived. There is no "duty" anymore, just pay the tax as we do in Canada. Need more info? PM me.
B