EXHAUST

Speedo007

I will post for sure, just might take a while as I dont think I can stay off my bike for 3 days in a row for now. Season usually ends at the end of november Ill then take appart the exhaust system and have both parts coated.

I found this on his site, but I suspect that the headers had a texture to start with...and even if it did get a textured finish like that, I'd still prefer it to the rust look of my exhaust as they are...

Last edited:

that would look awesome!!! if you get yours done and dont mind stealing you idea give me their mailing address so i can ship mine

Speedo007

With appropriate royalties paid you can steal my ideas all you want :D
Though I do think you can certainly find a place in Ontario where they'd do that for you and you'd save on shipping + our lovely TVQ tax...

If not here's the place:
http://www.mr-performance.com/

Website doesnt look too professional, but I've heard that in Montreal they have a very good reputation for this type of work (from other quebecer bike forums)

Last edited:

Speedo007

Just received and installed my Yoshimura exhaust today. Went for a ride...
Wow...no baffle, it's just perfect, I asked a buddy to drive next to me in his car with windows up to see if it was too loud (like those annoying straight pipe harleys) and he said it was just perfect, that he heard me but not in an annoying way. I really thought I was going to have to put the baffle in...but it just sounds so mean...like a proper race bike. And weird enough I surprise myself by driving slower cause I'm not reving the crap out of it to hear the music, really satisfied. Only question marks for now is that the exhaust appears to be closer to the passenger pegs then stock one (melting boots on stainless aint fun, though this winter I'll have it ceramic coated so it should get less hot), and not sure about the clearance I'll get with my saddlebags since exhaust appears a bit higher.

Oh and it just sounds awesome, all videos don't do it justice, it sounds low, velvety and bad ass. :)

Last edited:

Speedo007

Here's a quick video I just made:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhVWWnxNEPE&feature=player_embedded"]Yoshimura R-77 Stainless slip-on - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SEx-HyY8w&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SEx-HyY8w&feature=related[/ame]

I'll have it satin black ceramic coated like stock this winter. But for now I'll enjoy it in all it's nudity :)

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Pulling my baffle out tomorow. We are doing a thrash around "Devils Lake". Some great rock faces to bounce that sound off. My riding bud has a big Buell with a very shouty V & H on it. Need to shut him up a bit!!

Speedo007

Thats the only thing I found weird (on my stainless version at least). Is I need to drill out a rivet to be able to install the baffle...usually baffles are a pain to remove, here it's pain to install :p I did try it just loose in the exhaust to see the sound, and it sounds great with baffle in too.

H

Hoover

Thats the only thing I found weird (on my stainless version at least). Is I need to drill out a rivet to be able to install the baffle...usually baffles are a pain to remove, here it's pain to install :p I did try it just loose in the exhaust to see the sound, and it sounds great with baffle in too.

Yup, I had to drill mine out as well. The stamping was there, just needed some "encouragement" to leave.
I ended up drilling and using a pair of angled long nose pliers to get it out.

i like the stainless it sure stands out from the rest of the bike! the satin black will look awesome 2

Speedo007

Yeah I must say it's growing on me. At first it was clear in my mind it was going to end up satin black. But now my thought is I'll have the headers chromed and then reevaluate, but I think if it's all chromed, it should look pretty good too :)

Last edited:

yes that would look pretty awesome! id like to find someone who can get my header all black!

Speedo007

Thing that made me reconsider the chrome (Im a big matte black fan) is the Speed Triple I had, was chrome from the headers to the exhauts, all the rest was black and it just made a nice contrast. I'll post pictures as soon as my headers are chromed (and stop looking like headers off a bike from the 90s that spent winter outside).

Ok now Im considering black forks...I think it would look nice...
From this:

To this:

Last edited:

Speedo007

Ceramic or powder coating? It needs something quite resistant to survive the bugs and little rocks the forks see. How much are they charging?

Woife

Has anyone mounted the Mivv Suono or the LV Factory R?

I can´t make a decission between this two and the akrapovic

stross13

the arka header and slip on from 2010 will fit the 2011 bike and that is wht i am going to go with and i found a guy that will coat the header black for me so i think that is the way to go it will look nice and good performance gains

FZER

Avid Rider
It's going to take me a while to come up with the cash, but I think I'm going to go with the R77-D all carbon when I get a chance. I like the dual tips. I had the R77 on a GSXR-750 and it was great. Bit quieter won't be bad. I'm assuming they mean the R77-D is slightly less loud than the R77 without the db killer.

crspangenberg

Two Bros

I just got a Carbon Two Bros for Christmas and I love it, I have put the DbKiller in and I have no regrets, my dad rides next to me and has no problems either!:)