EXHAUST

trixster8

My Yoshimura R-77 showed up today, got some pics and a video comparison. I took it for a quick ride with the insert installed, I like it a lot. But I still need to ride it without the insert, it has a deeper tone. Here's what I got for now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEhFM8KBO8]YouTube - ‪FZ8 Yoshimura Exhaust‬‏[/ame]

trixster8

Another compare video while riding, the Yosh didn't have the insert in. But the camera is in a water tight box, so the sound isn't the best. But I love the sound if this pipe without the insert. It sounds great under acceleration, and you can't hear it at cruising speeds, just what I was looking for.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjHxRe5y5YI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪FZ8 exhaust compare while riding, stock vs Yoshimura‬‏[/ame]

mano1192

Nice vids, you have a gopro? I gotta pick one up sooner or later. I really like that pipe, sounds great. Are you going to do a power commander also?

trixster8

Yeah, the GoPro has been fun messing around with, I'm real impressed with the video quality while in motion. The Power Commander will be my next purchase, any word on when yours is getting tuned?

Speedo007

GoPro is great for image quality, just sucks in the audio department at times (and thats fortunately why so many people put music over their videos..). Even their latest HD version still has the same audio issues. When I shake the camera there's some loose inside, thats what vibrates and creates the parasite sounds...

mano1192

Yeah, the GoPro has been fun messing around with, I'm real impressed with the video quality while in motion. The Power Commander will be my next purchase, any word on when yours is getting tuned?

The tune I'm running now is I believe the stock setup. It's different but not torquey enough. Fun to ride though, I have to shift slot more though now. I should be dropping by bike off Tuesday or Wednesday for the tune. Can't wait :D

casefc3s

The tune I'm running now is I believe the stock setup. It's different but not torquey enough. Fun to ride though, I have to shift slot more though now. I should be dropping by bike off Tuesday or Wednesday for the tune. Can't wait :D

Where're you going to get your tune done? Once you get the tune done would you mind going for a ride with me so I can see a comparison between stock/tuned?

(and here I was thinking I wouldn't be tempted to change the bike at all, haha)

White911

That sounds great without the insert... I'm having a hard time trying to decide between this and the Two brothers V.A.L.E. M-2

Speedo007

Just photoshopped it to see what exhaust would look like powder coated in black. Has anyone bought these exhaust yet, just wondering if they wont be too loud, I mean short like that they must sound awesome...but dont want to get stopped by police everytime I take the bike...

casefc3s

That sounds great without the insert... I'm having a hard time trying to decide between this and the Two brothers V.A.L.E. M-2

The Two Bro's exhaust sounds amazing, I've had it on my bike for about a week now and I don't think it's going to get old anytime soon. It's fairly loud without any of the inserts, but I just pop in some in-ear headphones for music/earplugs and it makes the exhaust nice and quiet but still sounding brilliant. :)

djcecil

EXHAUST SYSTEM GPR YAMAHA FZ 8 2010 MADE ITALY TH | eBay

sounds just like the bikes rolling from the pits, i youtubed another of their pipes and listened to 3 of them on good speakers and really liked the deeper tone, i'd upload a vid, but i have no device that will capture the sound well enough.

(i put the stamped side "for race use only" on inside to make it street legal)

Last edited:

Speedo007

Im sure they sound awesome just like the Leo Vince cones...but personnaly just don't think they fit well with the bike's look. Powder coated black would probably fit better...

Just tried it, in black they do look sweet on the bike...

Last edited:

djcecil

am thinking about powder coating a bunch. i actually like that the pipe matches all of the rest of the plumbing. i did not prefer a shiny one, and carbon needed more carbon to match. photo in horrible garage/sun low shining in just not doing it any justice. let a buddy ride the bike so i could hear the pipe and see the bike moving, made me love our bike 10x more

Speedo007

Just wrote directly to Yoshimura to ask the difference between the D and the standard version. Here's the answer (they answered within an hour!)

"For your FZ8 the mufflers are identical in all aspects physically just “D” version has the dual tip. Sound wise the “D” will but a bit quieter due to the dual outlets and is untunable, where the single has a low volume insert that come in the kit that you can install to low the sound that comes out of the muffler"